LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Charudutt (Assistant )     31 January 2021

FALSE CLAIM. MADE IN COURT REGARDING RENT WHICH IS PAID

I was a tenant in rented premises for 10 years .I have paid the rent during my stay of all 10 years in the premises . The owner of the premises after I vacated and handed over the premises has obtained a Decree / Order of rent payable to him by me for the said period of 10 years . The order is obtained exparte and is pending for execution in which I have appeared now and have applied for stay pending miscellaneous case. Since I have paid all the rent for 10years and I have the stamped rent receipts(Orignal ) and also some rent deposited in Court (reciepts available) issued by the owner of having recieved the rent.
In order to bring the entire matter to justice apart from the ongoing Miscellaneous case ,,
1.How can I approach the Hon'ble Court on the basis of FALSE CLAIM which he has made and filed in the Court.
2.What remedy is available in law.
3.Under what section can I proceed in order to file a complaint against him in this regard.
Please advice in detail.... I would be really thankful to all the Dignitaries /Lawyers who would lend their support and advice in this matter.

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   02 February 2021

As per your situation you may do the following steps:-

1.) Collect all the relevant documents in regard to the rents paid by you (like bank statements, rent receipts etc.)

2.) Proceed to file a suit under section 420 of Indian Penal Code, IPC 1860 for Cheating against the landlord.

3.) There are a number of remedies available to a tenant under the Rent Control Act, 1948.

Along with all relevant documents, proceed with filing a case u/s 420 IPC against your landlord for commencement of cheating as well as for false claims. The court may provide remedies accordingly.

For more input you may see the The Maharashtra Rent Control Act 1999.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register