Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daffodils ( )     17 October 2016

Fake signature by wife

Hello Learned Members!

My wife left me to her parents place and didn't return. When I asked her to return she told to return all the jewels and srithans gifted by her father. So I returned to her in the police station before the police officer. While doing so we both signed an agreement that I dont have any other materials with me and all the srithans has been returned. I took the signature in stamp paper and returned home. After few days it was shocking to find that the signature made by my wife was completely different than what is found in the passport, marriage certificate etc. Luckily when signing in the police station I ve taken her thumb impression (Stamp pad ink) in the agreement.

I filed complaint in the police station but the police is not ready to register the complaint. Probably they may have taken some bribe from their side. I filed a petition to the higher officers but again the petition went to the same officer and rejected.

I requested learned members to comment if this is a crime?

How much intense is it?

Can the case be registered in the police station?

Learning

7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     17 October 2016

if she proceeds with divorce or files any other false case then that time you can use it to your advantage

Daffodils ( )     17 October 2016

Sir, Is this crime registerable in the police station? If they disagree is it possible to get some directions from the court to register in the PS?

Sachin (N.A)     17 October 2016

No, this is not a crime in any section she is not bound to sign same as in passport many people have diffrent signature in passport / DL/ Bank account etc. Moreover she can sign it as initial signature..

And you need not to worry about this because she has signed that in police station So, there must be singnature of police office or stamp of police station.

So Don't worry!!

Kuummaar AS (........................)     17 October 2016

Daffodils, Don't worry at all. Such signatures cannot be called fake.

(Guest)
Bummkesh mokerjeee James pond :D

A walk alone (-)     17 October 2016

@Daffodils dnt worry its not fake signature. It's not necessary every body use same signature all time. I have seen several people use different signature at different places. At work place people use different signature and at bank different signature. There must be signature of police officer or stamp of police station in that agreement so there will be no issue at all.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 October 2016

Futile time pass

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register