Facebook defamation

My 498a wife has been writing nasty, abusive comments about me and my mother (though not taking any name) on her facebook wall and making it visible to every1. Can she do it legally? Can i use it in anyway? E.g. Defamation, proving cruelty ? a few of the comments are---

1.Today we celebrate World Animal Day!!! Let's all take a moment to think about our Ex !!!

2.Get a life mother in Law and stop suffocating everyone around u coz of ur insecurity

3. These (Mother in law) are b*tches of the highest order I tell u.. (speaking from personal experience lol) still always ready with crocodile tears

4.Stop ruining lives MOTHER IN LAWS

5. -------- likes I HATE MY MOTHER IN LAW

6. dunia palne ke lalla se bhari hai, and evil mother in laws wont let them ever grow up to become a husband

7. but for majority of the men love is only towards their evil minded insecure mothers.


Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com)

Defamation is a criminal as well civil wrong. File a civil suit for damages, as well as a complaint case before the magistrate of your area u/s 200 r/w 190(1)(a) of the CrpC for having committed defamation. The things that you have quoted are malicious and published with an intent to damage her reputation in the estimation of the society. They are completely devoid of good faith and are reckless. 


Practicing Advocate/Legal Consultant/Legal Process Outsourcing 08427414792

If these are the comments upon which you wish to base your action for defamation, she cannot be held liable in civil law as well as criminal law in my opinion as a minute scrutiny of these comments makes it very clear that they do not relate directly to you or your mother.

Senior Partner

1. I agree to Bharat.
2. You have a good case in hand. 
3. Best is to screw happiness of your metro wife under libel damages.





I agree with Both  Adv Bharat as well as Adv Ashish. (Former giving you a procedural way forward and the latter suggesting about merits just at first glance. Hence both are right.)



Philosophically you MAY probably have merits from your version, but legally to win any case you need to consult/engage legal professional.



There are many missing links, and dots to be linked to complete the whole picture.



Hence Both the above comments are absolutely correct I believe.



Law doesn't say: .........................Don't come to court unless your have complete video recording and proofs of  atrocity upon you like a r*pe' .................... its up to you whether you have urge to bring the person to justice or not ........ whatsoever the offence and victimisation.







Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x