LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra Kothari (Teacher )     10 April 2022

Extra maintenance charges

Am having a flat in co-operative housing society, I had vecant the flat befor one year. Before 3months I had give my flat on rent. I have sum queries as below

1) Can society chage more maintenance charges on rental flats ( When am was leaving there and since 1year it was vecant at that time maintenance charges were 850,/month now after rental society  charge 500 more)

2) If i want to give my flat on rent can society have right to interfere for that. (Society new committee form befor 2 months new committee members force to that before give on rent you should have to take permission form committee, if committee will give permission then only we are able to give on rent) This rule is not against fundamental rights??

Learning

1 Replies

Palak batra   11 April 2022

Dear Querist,

Housing societies can make their own bye laws  which are applicable to the people living in that society including the tenant. But those bye laws should not be violative of any right of an individual.

Such guidelines are made under the Co-operative Societies Act. However, there is no constitutional right that talks about the validity of such rules and regulations laid down by the societies. 

If a person thinks that a housing society is not being fair then he/she can file a police complaint against it, claiming infringement of his rights as a citizen.

Regards,

Palak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register