I fully appreciate your feelings.
Even I also feel that many a times answers are given without even understanding the question in all its gamuts. Further more, the answers are also lack seriousness and practical aspects involved. There are also occasions when persons try to answer without even eliciting missing/wanting details.
The quality of the site can be improved only if the Administration does the following:
1. Should not allow 'Anonymous' posts / answers.
2. Should post some Moderators - first to allow only genuine queries - and to allow only quality answers.
3. If possible remove the points system - it has no practical utility.
4. Insist that one (INCLUDING ME) should be in the 'Forum' area at least for a minimum period of six months or one year and then only, after evaluating the quality of the answers given by the person, permit him to upgrade to 'expert' zone.
5. Unless the answers are based on 'first principle' basis, each of the answers should be backed by case laws with citations.
6. Unlawful queries (very recently some one was telling that he is going to commit a crime etc.) should not be permitted.
7. Queries asked by students seeking help for solving their 'moot problems' etc., should not allowed.
These are some of my thoughts.