Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash (Asst Manager)     02 September 2013

Exit harassment by employer

Hi All

My friend has been working with a Public sec Bank for 3 years. 6 Months now.

When she was working in a branch in Bangalore there was financial issue involving fraud of money transfer by one of her colleague. Though the money was recovered by the bank from the convicted employee, per the banking norms as my friend was also in the branch operations at that point of time she and some other employees were transferred to distant locations per the "bank policy". (I am not sure about the details of this policy)

However this distant location was not a viable option for my friend, so she resigned (Informed via email) and started serving her exit notice. Subsequently all her exit formalities were completed and she was waiting for the exit date.

Just 5 work days before her exit date she was called on by her employer and told that her “exit has been put on hold until further notice” via email.

This was a huge shock and setback, as her future was at stake here. On enquiring she was told that there was enquiry initiated by her employer on the fraud issue occurred earlier in the branch and would take at-least 5-6 months more to complete.

She tried to find a workaround of getting transferred at-least to a nearby place so that she could serve her remaining time in a branch nearby. This was rejected by the regional team and she was told that by regional boss that she could not be transferred back to Bangalore but to Electronic City (Again a distant branch) if she withdraws her resignation. Again, this was not a viable solution as per her and refused the offer.

My question to you here is,

1)     Can the Employee hold any exit in such a way “without any further notice”?

2)     What are the legal / other options for my friend?

Really appreciate your help at this dire moment.

Best Regards

Prakash

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register