LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rml   23 April 2016

Exchange of article in mutual consent divorce

Both my husband & myself had decided for mutual consent divorce. However all my belongings, jwellery & etc. are still in the custody of husband & in-laws.

When I approched them with the list of articles to be returned to me, clearly stating to initiate the divorce after i would get all my belongings, they simply asking to first file divorce & then they will return the article.

Pls. suggest what is the normal process.

My advocate suggested that we should first get back the articles, else once divorce will be initiated they will smiply play & dont give the article, as they are doing from last 6 months.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rml
Both my husband & myself had decided for mutual consent divorce. However all my belongings, jwellery & etc. are still in the custody of husband & in-laws.

When I approched them with the list of articles to be returned to me, clearly stating to initiate the divorce after i would get all my belongings, they simply asking to first file divorce & then they will return the article.

Pls. suggest what is the normal process.

My advocate suggested that we should first get back the articles, else once divorce will be initiated they will smiply play & dont give the article, as they are doing from last 6 months.

First the divorce should be granted. Only then things can be exchanged, without divorce being granted why do you want to return things? If returning things will assure you divorce, then go ahead by preparing a list of items you have in hand, and also a list of things which are in her hand which belong to you, make such list, carry such VAT bills if you want to claim ur items which are lying with her, and she should also give original VAT bills to claim items from you, if she fails or you fail,, you and her can forget such items. This can be done on next date.

Your lawyer is fooling you, he is compromised with other party, change him or fight case party in person.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 April 2016

Workout a mou where you will clearly state that the sreedhan would be returned to you before the court at the time of first motion of the mcd you would be filing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register