LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chinya (Asst Manager)     27 January 2014

Eviction of old tenants

Hello All,


I am staying in a house built by my grand father (my name has been added in the property card).  The house is registered in the name of my 2 uncles and me along with my mother who is a widow. I am married and have a small daughter. The part of house where I stay has now become insufficient  for my family. Is there any way to ask the tenants to vacate the premises??? Please advise.


 1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     27 January 2014

Give a legal notice to the tenant to vacate the place as it is required by you for your family.  If he does not vacate, then file a suit in the court for eviction on the ground of bonafide requirement for the use of your family. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query