Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudeepto   18 July 2018

Eviction

Calcutta Godown Case

My father Mr. PK Saha bought a godown (through Rent- ownership with the owner) in Burra bazar area of Calcutta in 1985. Rent ownership means

a) You have to pay a monthly rent for the property.

b) You have to pay a pakdi when you first buy the property. He paid Rs 50000.

c) Godown/shop will only be used by the tenant and he cannot sublease to anybody.

My grandfather when he was alive in 1985 requested my father since he is his eldest son to buy a godown which will help the shop (same owned by owner through rent ownership) to keep the commodities in the godown. My father bought it in my mother's name. The shop run by my own two paternal uncles  is being still used to keep various commodities.

They used to give us Rs 500/- monthly rent and later Rs 700/- rent till 1994 after which despite telling them verbally many times have stopped give us lease. The lease with my uncle is in plain paper made in 1985 has their signature and has small thing written that it will be used by them for keeping commodities.

My uncle gets a rent receipt from owner every month after paying rent in my mother's name and since I paid the Feb 2018 rent I have it.

My questions what can I do to get back the godown. I tried contacting the owner but don't have his address as his manager has refused to give me his no. My uncle doesn't wants to vacate the godown he is using.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register