Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

partha mukherjee (Inspector of police)     13 November 2014

Evedentiary value

Sir,

I am an Inspector of kolkata police,I would like to share that on 2.11.14 an incident of robbery occurred in my police station area where the miscreants assaulted a 75 years old lady at the point of dagger  and took some cash & fled away with booty.The old lady informed her daughters over phone who came and found her mother been robbed of at late night hours.

Now my question is , can these two daughters who have heard the entire incident from her mother's mouth can be cited as witnesses,if yes then what type of evidence they can tender?will they be considered as hearsay witness?They are not eye witnesses, then what type of evidence can they testify?will that evidence consists of  good evidentiary value?Any help or light please.

Thanks and regards.

Inspector P.Mukherjee/SHO 

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     14 November 2014

Dear, It's hearsay in terms of what was narrated as seen, but what was told is direct evidence and hence admissible. Read s 60 Indian evidence act.. its a corroborating price of evidence. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     14 November 2014

Perfect advise..

partha mukherjee (Inspector of police)     14 November 2014

Thanks sir for a timely and good advice.Inspector P.Mukherjee SH� Kolkata Police

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

Dear Inspector Mr. Mukherjee, do some home work too, these are basic information which every police man should know as he enters into a police station for taking up the police duties.  I endorse the views of ld. adv. Mr.Kapil Chandna. This will neither be an eye witness nor hear say.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register