Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar S   24 October 2017

Epf is applicable for national holiday wages

Sir,

I am Anil Kumar S working as a HR Manager in an organisation . My Question is Is national holiday wage applicable in  EPF or not . One of the site I saw  an answer the following.

"PF is always calculated on the basic wages and also on the provided D.A (Daily Allowance) & R.A (Retention Allowance) if any, therefore incase any staff fm yours company work on any national/festival holidays then his basic wages are not going to be diffrent what he/she earns in a regular month and you would only pay him double the rate of normal wages for that holiday work done by him and this would be considered as Overtime done by that concerned employee.......therefore no PF would be deducted on this overtime payment, however if that concerned employee is covered under ESI (Employees State Insurance) then you would be required to deduct ESI amount on the overtime payment made to him for the extra work performed on the fastival/national holiday." 

Is it true or not . please clarify me . If it is true kindly provide any supporting documents.

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2017

PF doe snot apply on overtime.

NCR SECURITY & SERVICES PVT LT   14 December 2021

How to calculate of National Holiday

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2021

Originally posted by : NCR SECURITY & SERVICES PVT LT

How to calculate of National Holiday 

Not clear what is your query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies