New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Gupta (Engineer)     14 September 2011

EPF Bangalore withdrawal not getting pricessed


I sent a request to withdraw my EPF amount from my EPF account # KN/26676/050 on Feb 3rd, 2011. I had registered a grievance earlier also with the grievance # ROBGL/E/2011/00859, but that was closed saying that 'The claim submitted by you was under process and due to computarisation of records, your claim will be processed on prioity after migration of records to new system.' . But no action yet till date. I am not able to see any update. Neither I got the money, nor the grievances made any differences. All the complaints are falling on deaf ears..  No matter how hard you try the phone number provided, it will not get through. 

I registered my grievance again having # ROBGL/E/2011/03251. The status is still "Under Process"

On July 1st, the new service launched by your office "Know your EPF Balance", is giving some other details all together. To my surprise, it is showing status as "Account has been settled, For detail's please contact respective EPF office. 

If the account has been settled, money has been transferred to which account number? Since I have not received the money yet in my account, it is surely surprising for me that account has been settled. I have absolutely not idea what is going on with my simple request of transferring my EPF account money to my account. 

I tried to get in touch with the office numbers mentioned, but the lines are always busy. I have sent lots of mail to "Regional Office, Bangalore,EPFO Ministry of Labour" <>, but got response only once that it is under process. As per claim status, they have received the claim documents on May, 02, though I sent them via courier on February 02. Since then, it is still under process. 

I am really not sure if someone reads those mail or not. 


Can you please help me to escalate this issue to higher authorities or even they also work in same way? 

Thanks and Regards,

- Ashish




 5 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     14 September 2011

You can lodge your complaint with EPFO or can serve a legal nottice tthrough your lawyer. I hope your accouns shall really be settled in response to your suggesed action and you shall get your due paymen with uptodae interest.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 September 2011

Learned Mr. Makkad has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

You can  try by submitting a complaint to PRO, cpfc, and raise RTI application; with the screenshot of both the responses you have received by you and ask declare that you have not received any payout, and demand the proof of delivery of instrument of payment, and actual status of your case. You can attach the list of telephone calls made by you. You may mention that if you do not get factual reply you shall be constrained to lodge a complaint with the ministry, and approach courts of law.

1 Like

Ashish Gupta (Engineer)     14 September 2011

Thanks for your valuable suggestions... I have already lodged 3 complaints to their greivance site. But do NOT know the id of cpfc. Can you please provide me the CPFC id? Your help in this regard is much appreciated. 



- Ashish

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 September 2011

Shri Samirendra Chatterjee, IAS

Central P. F. Commissioner

Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,
14, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Delhi – 110 066.

Phone:011-26172671 (off), 24678342(res), 26189910(fax)



Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2012

No use.


Just file consumer case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads