Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (Advocate)     22 September 2021

Enrolment in bar council - can you work

I am working in IT company and completed my LLB -

1. Can i enroll myself in Bar council and simultaneously can i work in IT company and practice.

and Write ALL India bar Exam .

Learning

1 Replies

SUSHREE SAHU   25 September 2021

Hello Sir. Rule 49 of the Bar Council of India Rules states that an advocate may not work full-time for any person, government, firm, corporation, or concern, and that upon accepting such employment, he must notify the Bar Council concerned and cease to practise for the duration of his employment. However, despite being a full-time salaried employee, there was an exemption created in the instance of government and corporate law officers who were needed to act or plead in court on behalf of others, despite being a full-time salaried employee. The Rule 49 bar would only apply to people who worked in other types of jobs. The criteria is whether he is hired to act or plead on its behalf in a court of law as an advocate, rather than whether he is employed on a salary or through payment of remuneration. In that case, the parameters of the engagement will be irrelevant. Hope this helps! Thank You. Regards, Sushree Sipra

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register