Learn Execution Proceedings Under CPC Order 21.
Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ponnam@123   11 January 2016

Engagement call off

Hi Experts,

My query is regarding Engagement call off.My brother wrks in normal company with 20k salary .
He saw a gal in other district one sunday thropugh matrimony, that gal happened to work in some govt sector,she was fair and healthy looking.next sunday gals parent visited our
house and convinced us to agree for the proposal.There was no huge dowry demand between the two parties.they said they shall give only 2lakhs and 15 thulas gold.
We asked what ever gold pls give those ornaments only to your daughter because she is one who shud wear it.Engagemnet was fixed the next sunday, but to our surprise
the gal who was fair and healthy looking looked extremely dark , pale weak thin like a stick.My brother and we family were shocked by her appearance but due to socity fear
enagagement rings exchange happend.From the moment we came back home, none in the house was happy nor cheerfull.So we decided to call up the gals parents to come our home and talk those details

They turned after two days, we asked what cud be the reason why is the gal suddenly so thin and dark, they said nothing.We asked for the health checkup of the gal they were relunctant enough to get her health chekup get done.
Our doubt got confimred( some times in phone conversation gal said, she does not eat sugar or sweets or fruits).Hence we called of the engagement.They silently left our home.

Now after 4 days, a mock of people attacked(verbally abusing) my parents house, demanding how can they cancel the proposal.They are threatening my parents they will defame my
parents good will by giving photos in newspapers, file cheating case in court, destroy my brother's career,they are also saying they will dowry harrasment case.My parents are sixty years old, mother is paralysed..
We have politly rejected the proposal, we also agreed that we shall give away the amount taken ( 2lakhs).yes we have also given lots of gifts to gal but we have not asked those to return.

Please suggest.


 4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 January 2016

I will suggest you to please by writen notice inform the other party about discontinution of the marriage proposal and along with that attach the bank draft for Rs 2Lakhs immediately, any delay in this regard can pose lot of trouble for your family as false police complaint against you all can be lodged with the Police for dowry demand.

1 Like

ponnam@123   11 January 2016

thanks for replies 

SuperHero (Manager)     12 January 2016

All you need is courage!!!! 

Manoj Choudhary (Advocate)     12 January 2016

Send a legal notice to them and file a report to SSP concerned related to fraud and conspiracy and under various act including IT act. The person who complain first considered to be innocent the person who reach later to police considered like tring to shield

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query