LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Kumar (Team Lead)     26 October 2012

Engagement breakup :- girl family fire a case

I got engaged on May 2012 with a girl as arranged marriage. My mom and dad like that girl when they saw 1st time.
When girls relative sent me her picture 1st time to me I rejected that time only, but the girl side people was saying that
that picture is very old and her face is also not a photogenic. That why pic don't come nice.

I thought it might be happen, so I ask to sent a updated picture, after few day they sent me her new pic but it was not
original picture, they did some changes through photoshop. But i got this thing at engagement date only.
I like the new picture which they have sent me. Bcz I like that girl pic so we started talking each other..

Now @engagement date when I saw the girl 1st time I was totaly socked. Girl was same which I rejected. Now I was
in delema what to do. My family member were liking her and there was my so many relative also come to attend
engagement function so didn't do any thing. That was only my mi-stack. Now after engagement I started to convince
my dad and family member to not marry this girl. During this period I got admitted in hospital also  bcz of fever.
After one month of engagement finally I told to girl side that I will not marry her.

Now they have fire a case into court with some wrong point , like Boy was asking for a car ,that why he brockup the engagement. why not correct.
The main problem is that they started threatening us like My father will loose his job , they will do some thing like i will loose my job.
They stared making rummer like boy character is not good, he drink alot, he is in relationship etc. These all thing happening to my native place.
Every day my family suffering . My dad tried for  shorted out this issue but they are not listening any thing.

I don't know what to do, I am working in a private sector in Pune, kindly advice me

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 October 2012

From the points of facts put in by you, it appears to me that you are wholly at fault, for-

- a life decision can't be taken based on a photograph. Sharing photograph is preliminary process to avoid embarassment of  rejection on face, especially for the girl. An engagement can't be fixed based photograph

- Even if so a man can't agree to marry a girl just because there were so many relatives around ! A man after all

should be man enough to face the facts

- Imagine the girl's ordeal - Even if they had concocted the photograph, that does not justify your act of indecisive, rather unstable action 

- It would be better to amend ways, to truly understand the stature and nature of the girl and take a very consciou decision of your life

Don't involve anybody other than your own self righteious ness and the girls'

Vasudevan

Madan Mohan Pandey (District and High court advocate)     26 October 2012

I think, You must personally meet the girl and tell your problem an tell her that we might not have a happy married life because attraction is the first step.

Secondly, involve some prestigious relatives and try to convince them by your problem.

Thirdly, you may pretend yourself of having some incurable disease like AIDS etc, if possible try to get a certificate for that.

If there is no attraction , there will not be love and without love how the life married life will continue.

But otherside of the coin is that meet that girl and try to find something ggod in girl.You will find something becasue just the face cannot be the ground for rejecting the marriage.Try and respond, there are other ways to see the things.

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     07 November 2012

Hello Rahul Kumar,

As opined by other learned brother advocates, I will rather look into the legal perspective.

It’s not a fault on your part to accept the girl for marriage on seeing her photograph and there is also no fault on your side if you had proceeded with engagement even though you got shocked to see her original features (that which was not photographed and sent to you).

Those were the prevailing circumstances (may be with family sentiments or with social image of your family) that made you to accept her in engagement.

Your decision of turning back is fair enough to protect yourself.

Now the point of consideration is that of their actions, if any:

·         If they are trying to defame your family name in public or with relatives then you can go for issuing a Legal Notice to them by registered post calling upon them not to continue with their illegal acts else you will take appropriate actions to stop them doing so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register