LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santanu Bhaumik (svp)     10 July 2021

Endorsing domestic staff for govt registration

I am from Mumbai. I’ve been requested by my domestic house staff (female) to endorse her for applying for Govt registration under Maharashtra Govt rule. She is a daily part time domestic staff and currently there’s no written / contractual agreement in place and she is paid in cash. But due to pandemic she’s currently working only in my house. I have seen the forms (written in Marathi language) and what appears to me is that these registrations will enable her for smart card and some possible benefits for the future. There are 4/5 pages and only one part of the form (1 page, attached) is to be filled by me where I have to endorse that she works at my house from so and so date. While I appreciate such step of Govt. to organise and give benefits to such sectors, my question is my obligations and future implications in doing such endorsement is completely unclear to me. Also she is not a full time employee of mine and in future she may work for others also. She may leave her job tomorrow and in such cases how such record will be corrected? Shall I be subject to some other implications in future? What is the legal view on this matter? 

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 July 2021

The query is too general and hypothetical that any meaningful suggestion is impossible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register