LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hrudaya   07 October 2015

Employer not paying my salary

I was working in a small scale IT firm . I worked there for 5 months from 3 rd march 2015 to 3rd august 2015 and I got paid my salary of two months i.e march and april but I did not get the salary of month may, june and july .My employer personally discussed with me and told me on 3rd of august that company is not doing well so we are decreasing our strength and told me that It would b fine if you will not come from tomorrow and said that I will pay your salary till 15th of august 2015 and did not pay up till now i called him three times he told me that i did not get the payment from client so whenever I will get I will pay you but its been 2 months from my termination but not been paid I think he is pretending and dont want to pay my salary . It was my first job can anybody help and suggest what to do next ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 October 2015

You should be covered by the def. of 'Employee' as in Shops and Esbs Act, ‘Workman’ as in ID Act and may approach:

Employee’s/Trade Unions : The intervention by unions may fetch you fast results.The unions can help you to get written confirmation from employer/ or can be witness that you were termninated by verbal order, without any notice. This should also check the tactics of employer if it claims that you absconded. YOu may succeed to get notice pay/damages.

Inspector appointed under : Delhi Shops and Esbs Act (If you are be covered by the def. of 'Employee' as in Shops and Esbs Act and establishment is covered by the Act. This Act may not be providing for discrimination between ‘Workman’ and ‘Non Workman’.)

Inspector appointed under; Payment of Wages Act (if your wages as per def. of wages in the Act is upto Rs.18000/pm. This Act does not discriminate between ‘Workman’ and ‘Non Workman’.)

Higher Officials of Dept. of labor (State/Central) as applicable in your case)

O/o Labor Commissioner (State/Central) as applicable in your case)

Your counsels may opine that you can file complaint u/s406,420…………………..winding up petition…

Sai krishna   10 October 2015

You can check once under the concept of quantum merit means as much as earned for the services this provision is in Indian contract act

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register