LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen   15 March 2016

Employer defaulting on salary

Hi, I was employed by civil247.com, a company based out of Hyderabad. I served 2 months full time but received only 3 week salary. Total salary for 2 months = 80K. I have received only 30K. Now I've resigned from the company and they're not paying me my remaining amount. What can be done?

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 March 2016

What were the terms and conditions regarding leaving the job.do you need to serve any notice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 April 2016

In your notice of resignation/resignation, subsequent communications you may cite non payment of promised wages on promised dates (despite unlimited representations in office) , as a reason, rendering employer as unworthy of being employed with and hence your separation as a last resort.

In such case notice of resignation/resignation should loose its sanctitiy.

You have not mentioned about your designation/nature of duties etc.

The AP State Shops & Estbs Act is so employee friendly. This Act shall prevail upon the notice period inserted by employer in appointment letter and notice period for 2 months of service may be NIL.

You may approach Inspector appointed under this Act/Payment of Wages Act/O/o Labor Commissioner.

There are many IT/ITeS employees /Trade unions that can support you.

It shall certainly be better to proceed under expert advise of an able labor Law Consultant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register