LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Thathagar   25 August 2021

Education loan mortgage (on certified copy)

Hello, I have secured an admission in Canada and paid advance fees. I am in process of getting loan. Bank have requested for property papers for collateral. I have lost the original papers and we have arranged for certified copy. Also, the property was at the name of my dad and he is no more. Therefore, I have made affidavit. This documents will not be considered in bank for mortgage? What other documents can work? I am at the shortage of time. Looking forward to your help and support.


 1 Replies

BHAVYA SOM GARG   26 August 2021

Greetings of the day.

As per the information provided by you, I wish to inform you that you can submit the certified copy of the property papers, and the affidavit, which you have gotten made as the property was in the name of your father and he is no more. While the first preference of the banks is generally original copies, they may accept certified copies if there is a compelling reason to use the certified copy, one of them being the irrecoverable loss of the papers.

But if the bank authorities are reluctant to accept the documents, you can use either of the following documents:

  1. Property title deed and the registered sale agreement.
  2. Original registration receipt for the above agreement.
  3. If any Allotment Letter issued By Municipal Corporation / Authorized Govt. Authority Like MHADA (Maharastra), CIDCO (Maharastra), HUDA (Haryana), DDA (Delhi), JDA (Jaipur), GIDC (Gujarat) etc. then that is required.
  4. Chain deed or link document or clearance document or even Encumbrance certificate (EC). It is required for a period of 30 years. This document actually shows the track record of who sold the property to whom in last 30 yrs.
  5. Latest property tax copy or Latest electricity bill.
  6. Copy of municipality approved building plan or plot layout is also required.
  7. If it is a flat then completion certificate and occupancy certificate is required for constructed properties.

Hope it helps. All the best for your studies.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register