LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Senior )     10 February 2017

Drinking in public place in a vehicle

Hi all. I am taxi owner. My driver along with his two frineds was caught driniking in public place by police. The police has sized the vehicle under section 40(a) and not releazing my vehicle. I filed appliction for superdari before Metropolitan Magistrate who dismissed my application saying that he does not have jurisdiction to release the vehicle under Delhi Excise Act. I approached Dy. Commissioner Excise who is not entertaining my application saying that if police has seized the vehicle he has no intimation of the same by police. Pls. advise me how can I get my vehicle released legally. It is a commercial car. 

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 February 2017

Immediately file RTI Application under life and liberty clause (As the taxi is your bread earner) to Central Public Information officer, of the Police station where the vehicle has been lodged now.  There is no format of application and enclose postal order for Rs.10/-  Once you get the facts you can then decide.  In all your efforts you might have already consulted advocate and it is strange as to why you have failed to get information.

You have not informed your place and it is presumed that the vehicle was seized at Delhi.

Application dt.,11th Feb, 2017 seeking information under RTI Act LIFE AND LIBERTY CLAUSE,

Public Authority: CPIO.................Police station,

RTI Fee: Indian postal order No...for Rs.10/- Fvg.Accounts oficer Delhi police.

Applicant......................................................................

Brief Facts: Seizure of vehicle No...............Make...........................on...............at.......(time).....at..............Vehicle now under possession of Police since.  Name of the Driver:...........................

The applicant is the owner of the vehicle and surviving on income earned from the vehicle..

In formation solicited.:

1)Please provide copy of FIR as my vehicle was seized.

2.Please provide a copy of Order/Notification /rules and regulations /stipulations in the act for getting back my vehicle at the earliest, as per the laid down procedure.

App[licant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register