LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKS   15 November 2018

Dowry harassment case

I am a central government employee. I have filed a divorce case against my wife on the ground of mental illness. In response my wife has filed a false case of Dowry Harassment against me and my family. In her complaint my wife has mentioned that before marriage my father-in-law and her brother-in-law (a central government employee) has given dowry to my father, which is absolutely false. Under CCS (conduct) Rules and Dowry Priohibition act a central government employee can neither take or give/abet taking dowry. Then how come my wife's brother-in-law could give dowry to my father? Now my question is: Can i write a complaint letter to office of my wife's brother-in-law seeking clarification that how can he commit this crime of giving/abetting dowry? Has he really given dowry? Will it be offensive on my part to write to his office to seek clarification and initiate disciplinary action against him? Please reply.

Thank you in anticipation.

Ajay

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 November 2018

This information will be useful for fighting out case filed by your wife. Appoint advocate and furnish details about the rules to him.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2018

First give priority to your defence.                

2 Like

Bk   27 November 2019

As per 498a, taking or giving gifts, streedhan is not crime, 498a is all about asking extra dowry after marriage, so be cool and collect evidence and fight your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register