LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim (Team Member)     23 August 2013

Dowry dv victim, how to proceed on case

I am a girl victim of dowry and DV, need help and guidance how to proceed with the case so as to get results (pressure, punishment, streedhan back)

I am a independent girl, MBA graduate, was working in MNC before marriage. I had to leave the job due to marriage/pressure from husband. Its been nearly 1.5 years that I was married and suffered dowry demands, humiliation, harrasment, domestic violence, physical and verbal abuse, complaints of items given by parents, restrictions, house arrest and many more from early month of marriage.

Me and my parents tried a lot to save my relation but these dowry hungry people on their utmost attitude didnt bothered and became more cruel day by day until I filed a police complaint.

Now a FIR is created, bail application being filed-rejected and now referred to mediation Till date they've not realized that they have done anything wrong, laughing n enjoying during hearings, not talked about any settlement. They have a lawyer in relation and have raised false allegations that I've taken all the valuable belongings and filed a RCR. I've all the proofs for purchases, medical report but given the situation I feel the accused may escape due to loops in system(underground at time of arrest). How should I create pressure/get my parents hard earned money back/punishment for him through court. He's working in MNC, his father in govt office and mother house wife.

Please Help!

Learning

10 Replies

498A__misused (Sec)     23 August 2013

You have already filled and Complaint and FIR has been logged , What else you can do nothing.

If you have a problem with system then write to higher authorities and if they hear you then yoi can get system modified :)

Just go for MCD .....dont fight ...Foget and move-on in life......dont waste your percious time , you will not get anything out of it.

advocate praveen (prop.)     23 August 2013

Dear,

You have to file a maintenance case and ask maintenance from the accused / husband and also filed a case of domestic violence against ur in law's.  It will create pressure on accused / husband and will try to settle the case as early as possible.  But do not forget it will also take time.

regards

Adv. Praveen K. Maheshwari

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 August 2013

They are taking their own recourse available to them in law.

If you have truth on your side, stick to your guns and proceed with the case. You can not have your cake and eat it too. It is either settlement of punishment.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

stanley (Freedom)     24 August 2013

If you filed this case for settlement(Money )  than please forget about it . Contest your case on its merits and seek justice .You are able bodied qualified and have worked in an MNC hence i dont think so the court would even award you maintanence .Hence take up a Job and move on in life . Be ready to spend the next 5-7 years running around courts just like in bollywood movies we see hero and heroines running around trees :-)

If you have the proofs for purchases and the Medical report was isnt your lawyer able to prove your case .

Victim (Team Member)     30 August 2013

@498A__misused

Yes, I've done the initial steps on my part. What I wanted to know is what else I should/must do to drive it in a correct way. There are many loops in the system, if there are ways to escape out of it then there must be other way round as well. I need to know what those are and how and when to act with them.

I need to understand the system wrt my case so that I may act smart (right thing at the right time)

I've visited 2 lawyers and all that I could figure out is that its just a matter of acting smart with time involved, however it cost a huge professional fees (for smart work)  and time (which is painful with all this around)

Please dont recommend foolishness if you cant help/assist, I've suffered a lot, my relationship ended, my life got spoiled, hard earned money of my parents is in the custody of those dowry hungry people and u suggesting forget and move on.

@ Mr. advocate praveen

I am searching for job these days and I am very much hopeful to get it pretty soon. Do you think applying for a maintenance would be justified at my end. Also I've filed a DV case for which the first hearing is yet to be commenced. We had a joint locker which was operated post the initial police complaint and all the gold articles were withdrawn. They dont seem to be willing for a settlement as they've support and guidance of a lawyer from relation which is strengthening their evil intention.
I dont really want to pay huge professional fees out of my parents pocket and still go through all the pain for years....the fees varies from 40K and beyond for a case and 20k for 2 hearings...which is too much for a middle class salaried family.
I am seeking assistance through this forum on <how to> and <when to> act with a <smart step> which may result in some progress. What I understood is that seeking justice with this system would involve pain, time and money. This can be minimized if I may go for a early settlement and start all over again.

@stanley

The DV case is yet to commence. its been 3-4 months from the day I filled initial complaint which was routed to CAW Cell and PS as a FIR, then bail appln. in session and High court and now mediation.

@ All
Raising an alert abt FIR in husband office (MNC) india and abroad HQ. does that helps in such cases.
Raising an alert abt FIR in father in law office (govt office). does that helps in such cases.
updating the related society/community of inlaws about the FIR/case. does that helps in such cases.

any other suggestions please?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 August 2013

Does it help in Judicial Proceedings? ----- NO

Does it help in putting pressure on the husband? ------ Depends from person to person, e.g. in my case, it made no difference to me.

What can be fallouts of such actions? ------ The husband can charge you with defamation or seek an injunction against you from doing such acts. Delhi/ P&H and Mumbai HCs have granted such injunction, doing such actions despite injunction can lead to penal provisions.

I repeat, in India, judicial proceedings are beseeched with inordinate delays. If the problem can be resolved amicably, go for it.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Victim (Team Member)     02 September 2013

Thanks Mr. Shonee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register