LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunkumar   12 February 2021

Double registration

I bought a part (16 cents out of 142 cents) of another person's (Mr.X) land in 2009 and in 2014 Mr. X sold transferred his property (142 cents) to his son (Mr. Y) including 16 cents which was sold to me in 2009. And it got registered also. Now both are reflecting in encumbrance certificate. Now anyway Mr. Y wanted to sell his property to some other party. However, he realized that 16 cents was not his and he only sold 126 cents to the third party excluding 16 cents. Now, should I worry about anything? I am still the owner of that 16 cents? If I want to sell my 16 cents in future, would I have any issue doing the same because in latest EC I was not the owner? My main doubt is, can i still rectify that deed (Registration from Mr. X to Mr. Y) i have this doubt because, Mr. Y has already sold his land to another party but he has sold only 126 cents (Excluding 16 cents)

Learning

1 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 April 2021

The father of the Y ( who originally sold 16 cents of property) to you is alive? if, then,you can ask him to make rectification deed on the Deed which given settlement to Y now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register