New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (Not Employed At Present)     19 December 2010

Does DV act apply after mutual divorce

Dear Madam / Sir,

I am married for above 7 years now and have a duaghter.

Presently the marriage is broken down and it will be mutual divorce (for settle money).

I am software professional. I was indorectly made to laeve the job i 2008, when recession hit. Then onwards, I lost interest in software field and began to learn new skills which will fetch me job, hopeful in near future and this will be field of my interest.

After, I lost job, my father in law made me to go for child. He promised to take care of baby and even my mother in law promised to write a house in my name. I agreed and went in for child.

But as soon as my wife got pregnat, they began harrassing me and making me to give up my present undertaking and take up "MONTHLY PAYING JOB".

But I have declined to to discountinue whatever I am doing.

Now, they do not want to wait to see I succeed in my endeavour and hence tried to BLACKMAIL ME using 498a. Finally, it will be mutual divorce with one time settlement amount.

I want to know, whether these people, who have not stood by me, who unnecessarily made to agree for a child, will have the opportunity to harass me in the future using DV act?

Though do intend to share my weath with my daughter, I do not like to be harassed by law. My father in laws are very big shots and even the seetlement money that I am giving now (which will leave me penniless) is does not make any difference to their life.

I have house on loan. Since 2009, my elders brothers are paying the house loan.

I have tried to get softare job but couldn't. But software field is now improving and there is probability that I am get one, if I want to in near future. For that, I have to stop my present edeavour.

Will my present wife, can make use of DV act, in case, in the future, I decide to get back to software and I end up getting one, though at lower designation and small salary.

Please help,

Warm regards,



 2 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     19 December 2010

dont file mutual consent without a lawyer, finalise ur terms for one time settlement. AFTER THAT  hire aN EXPERT lawyer to draft a petition for MCD , he will see to it that she cannot harass u in future BY dv ACT OR CRPC125.

Jayant Pawar (advocate)     19 December 2010

Dnt Worry..!!  after Mutual Divrce wife will not harass u under DV Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register