LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preethu (Student)     28 November 2012

Documents forgery

Dear Sir, i come across a case where one client asking for help in the following=

Insurance company gives a Account Payee cheque for rs.3.5lakh in the name of client is received by his brother at home (Registered Post). he opens account in co-operative bank in the client name giving false / forgery documents and deposits cheque in that account and after withdraws amount from the account. account is closed-up. client comes to know this after few years. do'not what action to take, where to start. any advice. thanks


 9 Replies

Preethu (Student)     28 November 2012

'do not know what action to take, where to start' thanks

Sumanth Nookala (Lawyer)     28 November 2012

Oh...u can start with a legal notice from lawyer to your brother threatening to initiate criminal action detailing some sections of IPC....therafter u can hope ur brother will come for settlement....if he does, there are some measures u can take.... 

rahul (director)     28 November 2012

take all a/c opening papers from bank and file a police complain for doing cheating and forgery

1 Like

Preethu (Student)     28 November 2012

thank u for suggestion sir. really did not know why this person does this as they are well setteled financially. cleint is not for lost money in this but want to see any legal options to punish and should not repeat same again.

santhosh.g. (advocate)     28 November 2012

I hope u r a lawyer, go through the section 419 r/w 420 of IPC. You can file either a police complaint or a private complaint before JM court. if the offence is old  and bar by limitation go through the section 468 and 473 of Cr.P.C

1 Like

Preethu (Student)     28 November 2012

this happened 2.5year back. is this bar by time limitation. thanks

Preethu (Student)     11 December 2012

now received xerox copy of the forms from bank a/c opening form and it has all my photo id card, my address proof, my signature look-like(forged). a/c form filled in by 3rd party handwriting. how strong the case would be if it go with cheating and forgery case. how to proove the case. thanking you.

Preethu (Student)     27 January 2013

Sir, submitted PCR and case has been referred to PS recently which FIR completed. after 3 week, Police not taken action on this and accused have come to know the case and applied for AB. Question is, in the event of hand-writiing/signature not matching with Accused and Complaintant according to forensic report, how difficult is the case to prove based on circumstantial evidence. I understand that it's difficult to proove based on CE. Advice please. thanking.

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     28 January 2013

when you are sure the signatures are forged, better lodge a complaint with the commissioner /SSP of your city. Appraise them of the facts. send a RTI application to LIC (insurance co) to get all details of your payment, viz cheque nbr, date on which mailed, your discharge certificate/surrender oif policy document, if any. From the Bank get all tyhedtails viz. KYC norms under which the account has been opened, and in case the account has been opened with thrid party introduction do get the same as well. When as account is opened in any bank, its obligatory on the part of the bank to mail you a letter confirming that your acccount has been opened with them, did they mail you any such letter???? better implicate the sataff members of the Bank as well in your FIR/Compliant with the Police, the matter will get soted out soon. Best of luck. Normally LIC doews not issue cheques there days without mentioning the account holders number, so that a new account can not be opened to misuse the cheque, seek explanation from LIC as well, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register