LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pandian (ca)     16 July 2011

Document Lost

I had purchased a property way back in 1989 in my wifes name.  Since I was on a two year transferable assignment I lost the documents which I found out in 2002 only. I had sent a registered letter to the registrar informing the same.  I have taken EC at considerable intervals and it is fine.  In 2007, I decided to change the documents by way of gift deed from my wife to me and it was duly registered.  I would like to knwo the correct recourse so that I can sell the property.

 1 Replies

kumar (NIL)     16 July 2011

Dear Mr. Pandian,

You did the right thing.,., but even though it's not sufficient to sell the property. What I suggest is just give a paper add regarding the Lost of document (it contains the document number, Property address & SRO) and file an FIR in the respected PS. And one more thing whenever you want to sell the property take an EC from 1989 to till date. Mean while you try to take an Certified True Copy for the same and keep it with you

Thnx & Regds


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query