Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjeet (teacher)     11 February 2012

Docouments requierd for joint divorce petteion....

what docouments i need to enclose with my case ? how much maintance money i wiil need to give my wife after the divorce as my monthly income is around thirty thousands ? what is about child coustody ?

Learning

2 Replies

manjeet (teacher)     11 February 2012

regarding my previous query Plz help me.....  the above query is related,i am physically handicaped and got married 1.5 yrs later. we have on 8 mnth baby. After marrige my wife behaviour for me is not good,her way of talking is not good,we are opposite in thoughts. We have not fulfil the duties of husband and wife since last 11 months although we live in one roof. plz clarify following :-

1. what docouments is requierd for divorce for joint pettetion as we both are aggery for divorce.

2. what amount i will need to pay my wife as a maintance as my monthly income is arround thirty thousands.

3. is the presence of the parents of my and my wife is necessry in the court.

4. How many times the court will call for hearing.

5. how long time it wiil taken for the complete process.

6. where i can prepare docouments for case.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     11 February 2012

Dear Manjeet, 

Since you people have not been performing your conjugal obligations and not living together as husband and wife since the last 11 months - you can file a petition after a month - i.e 12 months since you stopped cohabiting. 

It basically would be done in 2 stages - you'd file a joint petition - with the necessary documents (i.e marriage proof/weerding photograph/card - Passport size photographs) - after recording your statements - the court would give you 6 months time to rethink - and after 6 months - you file another petitioner i.e the 2nd motion - and if both the parties consent the court passes a decree.

AS regards maintenance - in mutual consent everything depends on what you guys agree upon. Which may anything as per your desire. This includes the terms as to custody as well.

Either of your's parents need not appear.

Feel free to seek any clarifications.

Best of Luck !

Bharat

Advocate (Delhi)

Convenor : Lawyers for Social Justice

Tel : 9810553252 (only 6 to 9 PM) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register