LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

L K C   14 September 2015

Divorcing wife

My wife tried Suicide thrice and from 1st day of marriage threatens me of doing the same that too for some petty quarels.These threats have put me into depression and am not able to come out of it.

After 3rd attempt her family members took her to her home and now she is insisting me and my family to take her back.But me and my family doesnt want her to face the same mental ailment for her suicidal attempts.All are in panic situation and are really worried what if she tries the same again.This fear has broken me and my family.

We are just married for 4 months and not a single day we had a proper talk and always she starts with embarassing me for small things and also threats me for dire consequences.

But her suicidal tendencies have broken me down and am consulting a Pshychiatrist for marital adjustment issues.When she was with us was not able to sleep overnight because of her suicidal attempts that too she attempted the same within forst 10 days of marriage.

Please help me in getting out of this mental harassment and can I divorce her for this??

Learning

5 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     14 September 2015

When did you notice this tendency. Do not make physical contact with her. Get her medical records before marriage. It is a case of cheating. File a case for annulment of marriage

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     14 September 2015

You engage an advocate and through him draft a letter to your wife but under your name and not under the name of advocate and should not be a legal notice. This letter should not sprinkle the legal jargon and a simple letter from the husband to wife spelling out the problems and nightmares he faced during her stay with him on account of her suicidel tendencies, listing each incident in vivid detail. Next, he should advise her in this letter to meet a psychologist and get regular treatment till she gets cured before thinking to return to matrimonial home and as a good husband offer that you would pay the medical bills for the same, once the record and receipts will be sent to you. This letter has to be sent to her through speed post and keep the acknowledgment due. Now, for divorce, one year mandatory period from the date of marriage is a minimum requirement. But, if you want to go for annulment, which does not require one year period, but you must be sure enough that she has psychological penchant for suicide before the marriage. There are several instances, when wife developed this malaise due to physical, mental, economical, cultural and social reasons after stepping into matrimonial home. So be sure, that she had this problem before tying the marital knot, before venturing to file annulment petition on the ground of cheating and / or concealment of material information at the time of marriage.

L K C   14 September 2015

This tendency came when after just few days of marriage ,she got angry on me and didnt have food,and my mother insisted her to have food forcefully which took her into more aggressiveness and she tried cutting her hand nerves.

But after its failure ,she went to Mom and told Sorry i will not do it again.But all in vain.

Just after 2.5 months she again had depression pills in large number that too after my sleep,but when i woke up for some water i saw wraps of pills ,me and my family immediately took her to the doctor and she had had then 30mins back and was not dissolved as suggested by doctor.

And again she said sorry to me and my family but i missed my sleeps for her attempt but she tried it again after 11-12 days that too she went into the washroom had them flushed the wraps and came to sleep.But i recognised some misery and immediately we took her to hospital and again doctor had to flush it out and even doctor insisted for a Pshychiatric Consultation.

But after the incidence her family took her to their place.But now she is again telling Sorry and want to come back.But the situation me and my family are facing is very pathetic.Still my Mother is in shock and me into depression and I am not able to sleep thinking what will happen if she returns and tries to do the same again.

Justice_Seeker (Private Job)     14 September 2015

Pure case of cheating, you have full right to not to be in this marriage anymore.

SuperHero (Manager)     14 September 2015

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/bipolar-disorder/index.shtml

What Is Bipolar Disorder?

Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. Symptoms of bipolar disorder are severe. They are different from the normal ups and downs that everyone goes through from time to time. Bipolar disorder symptoms can result in damaged relationships, poor job or school performance, and even suicide. But bipolar disorder can be treated, and people with this illness can lead full and productive lives.

Check with a Pyschartist.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register