LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (IT Consultant)     15 July 2014

Divorce suggestion

Dear Law experts.. Kindly through your suggestions on my issue. 

Got married in Jan 2008 to a very rude young lady of  from day 1 of marriage, my wife and her parents tried a lot to saparate me from my parents and nothing worked out for them. Somany quarrels happend in regards to that.. she loves her family(parents, brothers and Sisters) and she wanted me too intensley love them but she dont agree if my parents comes home or if I interact with my parents.. it is obvious right.. any one will get upset in this situation and that is what happend to me too. Life went that way for couple of years and had a baby girl in 2010 March and against to my expectations that she will change once we get a baby, she continued to be more quarrelsome and she use to pick quarrel with me for one or the other aspect.. technically i lost peace..My boss is too good he let me stay on job even my performance has came down drastically due to these issues. While all these happening my graceful boss thrown me an opportunity to go go USA in 2010 Dec. I requested my rude wife to join me after couple of months so that she can arrange for the passport from her end and I can arrange few things for family one I land on US. She left to her parents home along with my daughter. I requested to apply for passport which she neglected for couple of years and she realized that she need a person to nourish her and applied for passport and in Jan 2013 she sent me a copy of her passport reqesting me to get along with me but by then I lost interest in my marital life and no longer wanted to join with one who neglected me for almost 3 years. I faced lot of troubles alone that is different scenario which she never come along with me to share as a wife. from 2013 Jan she is exercising lot of pressure on me to get her with me otherwise she is threatening me that she will die. 

I dont know what options I have to get saparated in this scenario??

What happend if I apply for divorce can she file a false dowry and DV cases against me even after 3 years of saparate living?

Should I pay for maintanance if she files for it??

what is the best way to deal with this situation to avoid legal complications further??

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Rangee (Lawyer)     15 July 2014

Mr. Prasad,

1. Cause of action for filing 498 A complaint should be made and after three years it is unlikely that she has chance to file the complaint. A criminal case should be filed as soon as possible on the cause of action 3 years time pretty long. If she attempts to file false complaint do not be afraid now as per the latest rulings the police has to conduct a preliminary enquiry in the matter before registering case of 498a.

2. You can file apply for divorce by hiring good lawyer. She is entitled to maintanance from the date of filing papers in the court. Go for compromise divorce offer her a package and get rid of her once and for all by engaging the services of good lawyer.

yours

Rsksingh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register