Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeshyutr (Sr)     18 February 2018

Divorce settlement question

Hello Experts

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who is victim here. She was abused and beaten in her marriage and was left with her child to take care for rest of her life. Until a good policeman decided to look into complaint she filed against her husband while both my friend and her husband moved on. 

A warrant was issued and they have to come to court they all arrived and only thing everyone had in their mind was settlement else case will be dismissed and both party have to go to high court. So man offered 5 lacs while woman said it is less. 

Anyway to cut long story short they finally came to conclusion about the amount but the finer point of this deals goes like this : 

1. Husband will start a FD on her kid name on agreed amount making her mother(my friend) as Nominee. FD will mature after 18 years of their child

2. Husband and Ex-wife will sign a MOU and husband promise to maintain this FD in force till that time.

3. Wife will take back police complaint so that they can get bail and they treat this as final settlement to their divorce by signing affidavit (both of them).  

Now, my question is this right way to do it ? Is there any loophole what if husband backs out ? 

The settlement could also be some alimony instead of FD isn't that more logical ? 

Any other way to settle this ? What is usual approach. 

Please help me with answers so that she can decide. 

Thanks. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register