LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditi (na)     18 April 2010

Divorce Query

I have been married for 5 years,and have been suffering as my husband is abusive,alcoholic,and physically violent.I want to know the grounds on which i should apply for divorce.Secondly my marriage is registered in Pune,but i live in mumbai.My husband is also currently residing in Mumbai.Therefore can i file for divorce in Mumbai?


 2 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     19 April 2010

Harsh is right.


You can file application for divorce under the ground CRUELTY

AMBUJ KUMAR (PARTNER)     25 April 2010


Hi Aditi,

You can file for Divorce Petition under Section 13(1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 on the grounds of cruelty in Mumbai.

You can further contact on for further queries.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads