Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asw.asw9291 (Software)     25 January 2014

Divorce from wife

hi all,

i am living in Hyderabad from past 12 years. i married an christian girl without informing my parents about it. first we got married in arya samaj then since then we were living seperately as she wanted to persuade her parents and then her parents wanted to do christian marriage as they were not aware of the arya samaj marriage. they put condition that i will have to take baptisim. after long discussion with my wife and an pastor i did the formalities but it was in mutual understanding between us that no one will hurt others religious sentiments.as she moved in with me she refused to use the house hold items which was given to me by my parents n she insisted on sleeping down on floor. we also had decided that we will not take anything from any of our parents but when her father wanted to give bed, fridge and other things she agreed for it. but i refused for all of it. still took all those things. she does not cook at our place instead she prefers to go to her parents home to eat n eve wants me to go along with her. i did go for an year thinking to improve the relations. but it turned out that they were taking things for granted. i am some times in night shift n they would call me to come early in morning to take them to hospital for medical checkups. they do not care if i have my office timing or if i m tired or not n have not slept in night. but they would want me to drive them there. she did not allow me to go to my grand fathers funeral but i still go there. but once i returned i found my all cloths torned out, notes on the walls with all foul language, all glass items broken. god idols broken. i asked my parents to come after 2 years of marriage n she made a big fuss of it and since then she is staying with her parents. i asked her for MC but she said she will not. there are many more things to say but it would be very long.

please suggest me the steps as how to proceed in making this case strong enough so that i can get things finished as soon as possible. i think i will have to contest as there is no response from there end.

Learning

7 Replies

saira (---)     25 January 2014

arya samaj marriages can be performed between  two hindus only . hence i presume that the girl being a christian before marriage got herself converted to hinduism before marriage and only then the marriage rites were performed under arya samaj marriage rites. 

Did you get the marriage registered in the office of the registrar of marriages?

if so under which act did you get it registered?

a)  Hindu marriage act  1955 or

b)  special marriage act  1954

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2014

What is that you wanted to clarify here. You have narrated your story but have not asked for any opinion about any subject, please specify.

Asw.asw9291 (Software)     26 January 2014

i did not get the marriage registered in registerar office as i thought that arya samaj marriage is also considered as legal form of marriage. as girls name is hindu name there was no objection from arya samaj but all the rituals were performed as per hindu tradition. i have pics relating to the same.

i am here trying to get the opinion about how to make my case strong and what all can i include or do in order to finish this case as early as possible. all the members of this are well experinced and have seen a lots of cases of such kind so i want some suggestions as what should i keep in mind while preparing the draft , what all should i be including and what should be my major focus point in this case. 

(Guest)

baaga ayyinda dude, anduke ee heroism eshaalu eyyakoodadu. nuvvu em cheyyi aa pilla mee amma nanna lani gowravinchadu...ivanni preminche mundara chusukovali, ippudu too late kada.

send a notice to her asking her to come back to matrimonial home. oka one week wait cheyyi raakapothe amme cruelty ki sambandinchi proofs collect chesi divorce ki padeyu...

ika nundi oka 10yrs needi kaadanuko...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2014

What is your case, do you want to divorce your wife, you can go  ahead through court of law.  You have evidences of marrying her as per Arya samaj customs, it is valid hence obtain a certificate from Arya samaj about your marriage and go ahead with divorce on the grounds whatever you have in your mind.

(Guest)

Bugger:  You had love marriage, and now you want divorce.  Not fair.  love marriage means another name for adjustment.  Shame on you both that you did love each ohter.  Now only way out to get divorce is roam to court halls for next 6-7 years, then you might get divorce based on mental cruelty.  If you want urgent divorce, pay her money whatever she wants, she gets money, you get divorce.

Asw.asw9291 (Software)     27 January 2014

@Helping Hand: thanks for your advise. it is easy for you to say but it is me who is living the life and after lot of adjustment i have decided to chose this way. yes i am ashamed now to love a girl like this. when you say that love mariage is another name for adjustment but i think you are forgetting that when things are in favour of another person they change, mind set changes and tat is wat happened with me. she was along with her parents for 2 years and they also knew that i cannot reach my parents in case of any issue and this thing they were using it in there favour and trying to pressurise me. as you said it was a love marriage, it was love from both ends so what was stopping her to perform the least responsibilities of a wife. when for her i have left everything isnt it her responsibility to work towards our life instead of using me to make her parents life better. in which family does a son in law goes with wife's parents for there blood test checkups and other checkups and many more such things. even though i was in night shift still i went. does it not count as a part of adjustment. when she is thinking about her parents so much and putting conditions that my parents should not come at my place and i should not see them ever how is it possible?

i respect your opinion but try to show some respect to other person. it takes lots of time to think about taking such a step. i know tat you have been around here for longer than me if you can help me then please help or else plzz mind your business. words used by you does not show you are professional enough. i have done mistakes i m ready for any consequences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register