IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Takkur (Engineer)     15 December 2009

divorce from my wife

I got married on nov 15, 2008. After marriage i and my wife stayed alone in bangalore.. both working in a mnc. She knew before marriage that my mom is dependent on me as i have lost my dad. i have 3 sisters all married and settled. my mom was alone in hometown till 6 months. During this period there were few quarrels between us, she tried to attempt sucide by writing sucide note that "no-body is responsible". she left home 3 times, her parents came and took her. She also told that she will not come if my mother is going to stay with us. I cann't leave my mother.

After 5 months of separation.. all elders from either side had a meeting in which i asked her to leave the job and come, i cannot leave my mom as i have to take care of her. She agreed for that and came home telling she had resigned job, but in reality she took 2 months leave from company and came home. After 2 days again she started quarrelling with my mother, She was taking preganancy tablets without my knowledge to avoid, when asked she denied it saying it was to correct her periods. She had a menstural problems. She also started behaving like mental disorder, taking hammer and hitting her forehead. She threatened that she will commit sucide jumping from 2nd floor. I called her parents and asked them to take her.

Now i have decide to wind this relation. There is no compatiability between us. Even our s*xual life is not good. She wont co-operate when i want to. i want to get divorce from her. please suggest how to go..


 4 Replies

Sanjay chv (-)     15 December 2009

I think you can file for divorce under cruelity ground but still you will have to prove her cruelity in court because in court ''you said and judge accepted it'' does not happen. Best way to talk to her for mutual divorce if she is also not interested in staying with you ! Divorce is not always a solution in the marriage !

Mahesh Takkur (Engineer)     15 December 2009

She wont come out of bangalore. She won't agree for mutual, and she don't want to come for an amicabily solution. If i change my workplace and file conjugal rights in my hometown. As she wont come outside bangalore. will that be a ground for divorce. 

Sanjay chv (-)     15 December 2009

No. As I said earlier divorce is not a solution. Best way to talk to her or her parents and try to solve the issue. Again you need to think from her side also and her problems if she is facing. I have seen people break their marriage for very minor issue like disputes with husband's mother/father/relatives... And seen sometimes boys do not see mistakes from their parents/relatives and think only wife is guilty which makes their married life bitter.

Mahesh Takkur (Engineer)     16 April 2010

I would like to take ur suggestion, the matter has gone to court. i have moved out of bangalore. I asked her to take her goods while i was leaving from bangalore, she did not take them. After i reached my hometown she had sent lady police to my house saying that we gave her torture. she has sent legal notice to send back all the goods, failing which she will file a case. i have decied to file restitution of conjugal rights on her, and asking her to come and join me to lead life. She is very clear in her notice that she will not come to my hometown and will leave like that. will the court allow her to stay without joining me. how will this case go ahead. please guide me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query