Share More

Divorce, compensation, Please help

Page no : 2

zimmerzapper (student)     26 May 2011

Originally posted by : Zeeshan
" Originally posted by :utpala kaur
"
Minal,

Your marriage was never consumated.Do you think you should ask for maintenance in such situations?

Did he tell you that he is not giving you divorce?Discuss the matter with him and try to solve it mutually.

Don't ask any money.Search a suitable partner for you and be happy.Let your husband free.I find no reason to ask maintenance from him after reading your query.
"
Are wah , aaj sooraj kahan se nikla hai ?
"

east se shayad?

(Guest)

Dear Utpala,

why are you wasting your precious life arguing with morons? I too do that sometimes, but I do it for kicks and get out of it when it gets to the 'let's pick each other apart like our life depends on it' stage.
It's quite obvious some statements have been made to provoke you. Even the positively-worded compliments are underhanded insults. Get outta here, girl! Let the agony uncle club reign on this fine thread ;)

2 Like

(Guest)

"why don't you advice men to find life partner to live their life to fullest? in "horrified" thread i asked what can a man do if they have been subjected to domestic violence? you said men don't need it because they can go and work. but nowadays even women can go and work. so why?"

May i fulfill your sweet wish? Dear zimmer zapper dude, find a life partner and live your life to fullest! But until you find a job, live off your female and male relatives, of course....ROFL.

(Guest)

Sorry Zimmer zapper dude, but just as you can't resist, nor can I..... ;) Rock on! The world needs manlinists, there are too many feminists

1 Like

hema (law officer)     26 May 2011

dear thread author,

you came here with a lot of hope to get a legal advise and i try to provide you with the best of my ability.  if your marriage is properly solemnized (or registered), you are a legal wife to him.  there is nothing as such "illegitimate wife", which can be attributed to you.  keep your head high and do not feel shame.  For the reasons best known to you, you both are living separately and the marriage is not consumated.  it does not make you illegitimate wife and as per law, you are entitled to all the benefits to a legally wedded wife, if the marriage was held in accordance with the law.

consumation of marriage is not a pre-condition for seeking maintenance.  often even experts put a wrong step on this aspect.

Now, two things come.  you want divorce, it appers.  even the divorcee wife is entitled to maintenance.  the maintenance is available under Section 125 Cr.P.C., For getting this maintenance, two requirements are to be fulfilled- there is negligence on the part of the husband to maintain wife and the wife is unable to maintain herself.  This maintenance is cancelled if wife is living in adultery, or without sufficient reason she refuses to live with husband or that they are living separately with mutual consent.  Interim relief during the pendency of case is available. Alternatively under domestic violence Act, you can claim maintenance, once you prove that there is domestic violence.   Interim relief during the pendency of case is available here also.  Alternatively, under Hindu Adoption and maintenance Act, you can claim maintenance.  This can be withdrawn if the wife does not live in chastity or converted to other religion than Hindu.  Here also interim relief provision is there.  If you are not interested in divorce, under domestic violence Act and Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, you can seek the shared residential quarters.

If you are interested to take divorce and file divorce case, there also you can get interim maintenance during the pendency of the case and if the divorce is granted, permanent alimony will be provided.  Permanent alimony can be monthly payment or lump sum amount taking into consideration of the financial status of the husband and the parties.

The amount is generally betweeen 1/3rd to 1/2 of the income of husband.

Engage a good sensitive advocate, who can understand the problems of women and more particularly those women who have been living in parental home for five long years after solemnization of marriage. 

warm regards.   

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 May 2011

May i fulfill your sweet wish? Dear zimmer zapper dude, find a life partner and live your life to fullest!

---  agreed with this portion only with uma ji. 

mr zimmerzapper,

perhaps onething not marked by you  that, ms uma and ms utpala are half feminist. i got this from their postings. sometimes they wrote in favour of men also.

(Guest)

Well, they cannot be feminists, Sir....Utpala makes fun of my plight, not bothering about the fact that I am an innocent gal who also deserves to live as much as they and their daughters do!

1 Like

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 May 2011

she is legally wedded wife. Although the marriage has not been consumated but still she is entitled for maintenance.

1 Like

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=41492

the above is ms archana's profile. so far i understood from her posting that  she is very balanced personality, she generally like to stand in favour of truth only. she is from Jalgaon, Maharashtra . at her profile you will be able to send her pm. may please contact.

Also can u give any contact details of a good Lady Adv dealing in Divorce cases in Mumbai.

ms minal,

you may please contact with ms archana. another contact given bellow.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=59160

she is ms shradha, divorce lawyer at mumbai. visit her profile also.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :utpala kaur
"
@

Tajobsindia

A professional person 

the producer and director of GOLMAL 99(Dowry Story)

............again after WxxxN?

"

Utpala, today u gave me only 9 thumbs down, kal please 15 se zyada dena...  Now I will be counting my scores (thumbs down given by your different IDs to me :p)

(Guest)

KINDLY NOTE THAT.

1.YOU ARE ALREADY MARRIED BUT YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND  BOTH ARE LIVING SEPERATE WITH YOUR AND HIS PARENTS.

2.YOU MAY MENTION ALL FACTS AND CAN GET MONTHLY MAINTAINENCE AND ALSO A PERMANENT ONE TIME LUMPSON AMOUNT AS ALIMONY. YOU MAY FILE AN APPLICATION FOR MAINTAINENCE UNDER SEC.125 OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE. YOU HAVE TO MENTION ALL FACTS AND ALSO PRODUCE PROOF OF YOUR MARRIAGE AND PHOTOGRAPHS TO THE COURT.

INTERIM AND FINAL MAINTAINENCE AMOUNT WILL BE DECIDED BY THE COURT BY CONSIDERING INCOME OF HUSBAND ,HIS DEPENDENTS AND ALSO STANDARD OF LIVING OF WIFE AND INCOME OF WIFE IF ANY.

YOU WILL SUCCEED.

3.THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER OPTIONS ,TO FILE FOR CIVIL MATTER FOR MAINTAINENCE AND EVEN IN DIVORCE MATTER YOU CAN CLAIM MAINTAINENCE.

YOU MAY KINDLY SEND DETAILS FOR ANY FURTHER HELP.GOOD LUCK.

WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOU YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.,ADVOCATE

Minal (Student)     28 May 2011

I can very well earn for myself. Bt at present m unemployed. My husband had promised many things, but didnt do so. We got married in 2006. Tht time his financial condition was not good.. My family supported him coz they belived him. He also promised that after he gets a good job, he will tell his family abt it, and take me to his home. At present all his prbs have sorted, but now he is backing off. Reasons are I dont look good anymore & I have become fat now. And so he wish to divorce me. Whenever I needed money, he used to point out, u stay at your parents place, so u can ask them. After u come to my place, later I'll help u. So in short, he got married to me, bt doesnt want to take up responsibilities & is ignoring me. I have talked with many of my frnds, who suggested he shud b thought a lesson. I dont need his money, I may give Divorce by mutual consent also, but I want to teach him a lesson, so that he never does this with anybody else. Its been 6 years of relationship (5th year of married life). He has ruined my life. I need justice. So plz help.

(Guest)

So you just want to TEACH HIM A LESSON..?

Well, go ahead and perhaps in the process of years, you will also learn a big lesson dear...

It would b better if you forget him and start a new life...uski nahi, par apni to socho!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register