IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik (Null)     20 August 2012

Divorce by mutual consent


New to this website. I had seen many forumsSurely i belive that u people will help me..

My sister got married in May 2011 (arranged marriage) with a distant relation of us. She got settled in Delhi after her marriage. She came to know that her husband is impotent. she had arranged for his treatment too. as her husband felt guilty, he send her back to chennai by end of November 2011 just for 2 month promising that he will take treatment.

Later on things gone wrong as his parents started blaming her for questioning him. then he hasn't respond to any of her call or msgs.

While we asked for them to come and meet in person and sort out the issues, they refused to do tat. Later on we took a decision that to apply for divorce and they also agreed for divorce by mutual consent.

So we had final talks in June and both of us mutually agreed for divorce. and they had promised to give lumpsum compensation of Rs 7 lacs in 2 parts (she is not a graduate and she is 30yrs and we are also frm a lower middle class family)

We want to know how to get this compensation from them. they are saying that they will give 1 lac now at the time of filing petition and rest on 2nd petition (6 months from date of 1st petition)

We gonna approach the divorce u/s 13B. We dont know whether they will pay compensation in 2nd petition So kindly suggest us in this regard


 5 Replies

vikas moses (executive)     20 August 2012

hi my name is vikas moses i am a believer of christ jesus. if u are really facing a problem in what u have to get.

please attend to kings temple church, it is in hyderabad , god our lord wil definitely get ur belongings because he is faithful and righteous god.

i am an orphan age 25, 10 years back i have to receive my fathers amount like pension now my god has restored me everything.

please beleive take care dont fear.

rahul (director)     20 August 2012

you insist them to pay 3.5 L on first motion ( 13B(1) ) and remaining 3.5 Lac in 2nd motion after 6 month(13B(2)

this is very nomal trend in courts.. but parties do things as per their wish, court dont do anything in this.

about your doubts that whether they will give the balance money on 2nd date or not..

thats not posible... when you file 1st application,, all the terms-condition written in it and signed by both the party and judge.

no body can change their stand..

un less and untill.. they give,, amount agreed, divorce can happen.' 

but in case, yor are desprate to get divorce.. then its your wish you wanna  forget that amount or willing to get,, otherwise... you dont sign the 2nd statment in front of judge,

rajiv_lodha (zz)     20 August 2012

U have absolute right to refuse MCD in 2nd motion if the other party denies paying u rest of the agreed demand.

But u r going MCD way, prepare a fool-proof draft, better if other party deposits the amm in court's registery u this be released to u on 2nd motion. These things happen!

Karthik (Null)     26 August 2012

Thank u Mr.Rajiv & Rahul

They agreed to pay 1lac in d beginning and the rest by 2nd motion. but they are ready to issue the PDC. Shall we accept it.


RK (adada)     27 August 2012

No Karhik, You better negotiate for 50% at the time of first motion and the balance 50% at the  time of 2nd motion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query