Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Chennu (senior)     28 December 2015

Divorce

Gentlemen,

Is there any citation in a recent law book which explains the duration time to go for an appeal.

Is it based on judgement date or the date when the judgement fair copy is received.

Would appreciate if any of the experts could help me provide the citation in any previous case or in any of the law books where I can refer to

PS: I got divorce throgh family court, civil court, on 13 October. Do i need to wait till 13 Jan 2016 if would want to get married?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     28 December 2015

yes you have to wait for 90 days after the divorce decree passed, in between this period an appeal can be made in the high court against grant of the divorce decree .

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 December 2015

For every appeal, there is a limited period, within which appeal should be filed. Such a limitation is provided under the Limitation Act, 1963. For appeal, in case of a decree passed by lower court in civil or a criminal suit, the limitation is : Appeal to High Court - 90 days from the date of decree or order and sessions court 30 days.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 December 2015

U have to take condonation of delay period also into account.Hence wait till U R free from all legalities and then get remarried.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register