LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramachandran (own)     19 July 2015

Divorce

My Friend married in the year 2015 according to Hindu marriage act. In the early days his wife's activities were suspicious but he or his family did not take it seriously . Friend told me that his wife is having epilepsy from early childhood and is taking tablets.

After marriage the following things happened

1.  One early morning she went outside (before 5:00AM) without informing any one.

2. She returned by 6:00 AM and then suddenly thrashed my friend (her husband) in front of entire In-laws and also abused him along with his family members with obscene words.

3. After this incident my friend took her to his working place.

4. On another day evening she once again thrashed him and went close to killing him where they were residing.

At the first instance, friend’s family informed wife's parents regarding the behaviour and the parents also reached the place and started residing with the couple.

5. No fruitful action to control her behaviour was not done by her parents

6. All her activities were detailed to her Parents and they were not at all serious about it.

7. After taking consent from her parents my friend planned to take her to a Neuropsychiatrist to find the cause of her behaviour.

8. The day just before taking her to the Neuropsychiatrist , during mid-night his wife went out of the house and luckily he got her back .

9.  Neuropsychiatrist identified the disorder as F20.0 and prescribed some medicine..

For confirming the same my friend took her to a very famous hospital for further examination.

Her history was taken by one Clinical Psychologist and referred her to a Psychiatrist there.

When my friend tried to explain problems to the Psychiatrist, he was not interested about her behaviour and was rather interested in Epilepsy problems.

Following Tests were to be conducted for finding her disease as per the Psychiatrist.

Psychometric test +intervention and mental assessment.

During this time my friend came to know about some unknown things of her from some believable sources.

As per them she is having Schizophrenic dis-order, Stubborn Character etc. and of the view of taking a separation with immediate effect.

But his wife's parents are very crook and they are telling that this behaviour was not there before marriage.

But my Friend is sure that his wife was taking Psychiatric treatment before marriage which was not all disclosed by her parents.

No paper is available to prove that she is having some psychiatric dis-order except the perception of Neuropsychiatrist.

My friend want to take a divorce from her as he feel cheated by wife's family, so What to do to get marriage null and void.

Advice from all members expected,

Learning

9 Replies

John123456 (na)     19 July 2015

Hi, I am Catholic Christian and married for 4 years with 2.5 year old Daughter.
My Wife is more educated than me,earns more than me.
Problem is she is very dominating,wants everything to be done her way,fights for silly matters(it is like she looks oprtunities to fight or create if none exists).SHe was highly depressed due to her engagement breakup with another person befores she married me.She used to take Restyl pill and always therened me that she will o overdose on the pill if i do not obey her wishes.
She has written one suicide note(I have them with me in original which are signed by her) an also once created scene in the building by climbing on the window and threatening to jump at midnight(neighbours informed police who took her to police station later).Her mum used to live with us (my parents in a different city) and she used blindly support her daughter wheen she used to fight with me.Many times my wife slapped me infront of her mother and still her mother never stopped her.I suspect she has a mental illness as she verbally and physically abuses her mother and father too infront of me.She has made her father to bend down and hold her legs and say sorry once and slapped her mother so hard that she had to be treated in hospital once.She has tried to harm her dad by knife(she has done this with me tooo,I escaped by running out of hose bare footed).Surprising thing is neither her Mom nor her dad complaints about her behaviour with police/relatives and soon after th eincident behave with her and others normally as if nothing happened(this makes me to think that she has sickness and they are aware of it).
Once when she was fighting with her father at my house with knife she was taken to mental hospital by neghbours an treated for 17 days(i was away that day).(Doctor refuses to share treatment report with me fearing legal action from her).
Since last one year she is staying at parents house at different city and 3 month back filed  divorce petition under 1869 section 10 accusing me of cruelty to her(fabricating false situations),
Court had sent notices to me but i never received as I return at night.(she told me so).
Yesterday she has emailed me the petition copy.
Pl help me with the following.
1.SHould i contest the petition as she tortures me and NOT  vice versa as accused by her.
2.What will happen if I do not contest or receive any notices from court.Will court pass divorce decree and how fast.
3.Will court ask me to pay mantainance(she earns double than me and qualified more than me).I have her previous offer letter(she has left that company now and works as freelancer for which she files income tax,salary double than me and earns in dollars).
4.Can court give criminal punishment to me if i do not contest as i want divorce too at the earliest..
How can i prove she tortured me.(She does not have a signgle eveidence that I torrtured her as i never did).

Give application before the court siting the doctor name and address also clinic for production of all treatment records or seize the records related to her without the knowledge of doctor.

Hi,

Thanks for your qucik reply.

It would be great help if you answer my all 4 points.Also how can I seize the hospital records of her treatment if doctor not coopertaing(my wife paid him hospital bill and also has told him not to give records to him).

Thanks in advance.

You apply before the court stating that the records are with the doctor / hospital shall be seized by the court since it contain strong evidences.Any court has the power to take /seal / documents record etc against destroying evidences.

So apply before court

HI,

Thanks.Only problem here is she was treated in MUMBAI in a PurelyMental hospital(Treatment for any other sickness is not given here) and she has applied for divorce from Karnataka(she currently stauing with her parents there).Can court seal/seize hospital of a different state in this case.

Also is it possobile that Doctor has already distroyed the records as per her insstruction(my wife had gone to that hospital 2 months back, after filing divorce petition).What should be done in such case.also all my witnesses are in Mumbai not in karnatak.it would be difficult to make them as witness due to the distance.

Regards. 

Try to add value to the discussion, with your each post.

hi,

pl check your PM folder (Personal messgae)in your profile.I have sent a message to you.

ramachandran (own)     20 July 2015

Any court can have given the power to seize etc. As I mentioned earlier. Each court has it's own judicial area(like police station) .but that doesn't stop the matter already described. The court do this through another court having judicial limits extends to that area I.e where the hospital lies. 

ramachandran (own)     20 July 2015

Slightly correcting reply. 

Any court can have given the powers to seize, seal etc. As I mentioned earlier. Each court has it's own territorial limit (like police station) .But that doesn't stop the matter already described. The court can do this through another court having territorial jurisdiction extends to that area I.e where the hospital lies. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register