LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shri (Adv)     19 September 2014


Hi, I would like to know if in mutual consent divorce if either party is not able to come or  he/she is not present for second motion after six months then is there any second option / way to get divorce in less time..





 2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 September 2014

@ Author,

1. No.
Reason being Cooling period set by Law is 6 - 18 months. No PoA given nor allowed by Court to dispense appearance of one party during second motion NOR video conference got allowed to dispense appearance of one party during second motion which are the ways to get allowed second motion if one party is not appearing in person in a MCD at the time / after six months. Many Courts have granted Divorce in MCD based on previous long sentence which parties got allowed before first motion envisaging what is going to come at second motion reading urgency - mood of parties to a MCD proceeding brief.

[Last reply]

Sanjay Waghmode (Education)     24 September 2014

If I get divorce on gorunds of cruelty from my 498a wife then what is the advantages I get in this divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register