LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaswanth Adapa   26 May 2018

Discrepancy in recruitment

TSSPDCL has recently conducted exam for the Post of Junior Accounts Officer for 100 Marks (Part A for 80 marks and Part B for 20 Marks).

I have got 70 Marks (56 Marks in Part A and 14 Marks in Part B) and I was ranked 93rd. My Date of Birth is 22.05.1987

For the same 70 Marks, a Candidate whose Date of Birth is 30.07.1995 was given 69th Rank, becasue he scored better marks than me in Part A. (His scoring was Part A 62 marks and 8 Marks in Part B). 

As per my understanding and time tested principle, which is usually adopted by UPSC/ TSPSC or any other Institiution  in case of a Tie of Marks is that, The Person who is Older in Age is given better rank than Candidate whose is younger. 

But in my case, first preference in ranking was given to that candidate who secured better marks in Part A , instead of Age being given first preference. 

Had the Selection of Candidates been made on the Basis of Age (in case of equal marks), I would stand a chance to get Selected and find a place in the Selection List. 

Even the Notification inviting application for the Job, never mentioned the fact that Weightage will be Given to Part A while ranking Students. Not even the Service Regulations of TSSPDCL speaks about Tie Breaking Principle. 

Very recently I have got to know that the entire Selection Procedure (including Certification Verification, Executing Bond etc) has been completed by TSSPDCL  and is in the process of issuing Appointment Letters in a day or two. 

During these Vacations, my Case could not be accepted by the Telangana High Court, because Service Matters were not taken up by the Judge. 

In  View of the above Situation, 

1. I would like to know my Legal Position.

2. What is the Settled Law Position with respect to giving priority to age over marks in Part A. 

3. Do I stand a chance in getting/ winning this case and secure a seat in TSSPDCL. 

4. Do I need to worry because the entire Selection Procedure will get over, by the time Courts Resume on 04.06.2018.

I am giving links to the following for reference, as i am unable to attach the same. 

1. Notification: https://www.tssouthernpower.com/ShowProperty/CP_CM_REPO/Pages/Careers/Direct%20Recruitment%20to%20JAO

2. Merit List: https://www.tssouthernpower.com/ShowProperty/CP_CM_REPO/Pages/Careers/JAO%20Results%20Qualified

3. Service Regulations adopted by TSSPDCL: https://apsebea.org/files/APSEB%20Service%20Regulations%20final.pdf

Any help is highly Appreciated !!

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     26 May 2018

Please appreciate.  

Though the selection is purely based on marks obtained, it is also further based on Roster Points of reservation.  Therefore, they have not ranked you at 93 based on marks in Part-A, or on the basis of Date of Birth, but purely on the basis of Roster Point.  A close scrutiny of the table will reveal this.

Your grouse has no basis.

You may not succeed if you approach any court of law.

Jaswanth Adapa   26 May 2018

Sir, Thank you for your prompt reply.

I would like to mention here that my Challenge in the present case,   is on the way Ranking is given in the Merit List.

Generally after the Merit List is given, a list is drawn based on Roster Community and Verification is called for. 

But in my case, I believe that there is a discrepancy in the Ranking itself, by giving undue weightage on just Part A, when the exam was for 100 Marks in Aggregate. 

Had the ranking been on the basis of Age (when two or more candidates secure equal marks), I would fall within that Roster Community and be eligible for Certificate Verification and appointment as well. 

"Therefore, they have not ranked you at 93 based on marks in Part-A, or on the basis of Date of Birth, but purely on the basis of Roster Point.  A close scrutiny of the table will reveal this."  --- Sir, if you closely observe the Merit List ( I have given the link for the same), ranking was given purely on the basis of Total Marks obtained, and marks in Part A.

On the basis of Merit List, a separate list is drawn inviting candidates for Certificate Verification based on Roster Community. 

Sir, just in case, if you need more clarity on the above mentioned case, if you dont mind, please leave your number, to discuss the case in your FREE TIME ONLY. 

Kind Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register