Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Struggler (Senior technical associate)     28 January 2015

Discrepancy

Hi Experts,

In April-2014 I have taken a policy from AVIVA and the policy name is AVIVA young scholar through policy bazar and as IRDA norms I have paid two months (April and May) initial premium and opted for ECS mode of payment and my account has to be debited with specified amount on 21st of every month.

I have noticed that in the month of June my account has not debited so after waiting for a week I made an online payment from Aviva portal and I did same thing for July month but on 23rd of Aug I have received an SMS to the registered mobile number saying that they have received the premium amount for month of Aug but sometime during second week of September I have received an SMS saying that I have to pay two months permium August and September when I checked my account I found that they have not deducted the amount as updated through SMS when I have called customer care and updated the same they sent my request to their technical team and got an update from them that the my bank has the rejected ECS proposal as there is some problem with the cancelled check and unfortunate thing is those guys have not felt that it is their responsibility to update the customer about the problem.

I have waited for four months and as there was no update from their end I have made the online payment for four months August, September, October, November in the month of November through the portal but these guys they have not considered my complaint and again on 23rd Dec 2014 I have received an SMS saying that they have received the amount towards the premium but when I checked my account I found that no amount has been deducted from my account I have waited for two weeks hoping that will rectify the error but as it has not happened I again called the customer care and updated the same and I said that I am ready to pay the premium online but I want them to waive off the additional charges that they kept on my policy as policy got lapsed because of non-payment of amount which is not my fault. They said they will update me in two weeks but they have not comeback.

Today I have again called them and questioned about my complaint they said that they have sent communication about ECS to my registered email Id but I have not received any email Id and actual thing here is they have an email Id which is not mine because the email Id which I have provided in the policy proposal form and the email to which they have sent communication is entirely different and these guys have been sending the confidential information of my policy details to different email which I am not aware.

Now can you please suggest me whether it is feasible to approach consumer forum if yes how can I approach consumer forum.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Struggler (Senior technical associate)     30 January 2015

Hi Experts,

Can any one please reply to my query.

Thanks, Struggler

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register