LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Garima (Student)     02 November 2014

Difference in name in pf account & bank account

I worked with CSC India Pvt. Ltd. from 20th July 2011 - 13th June 2014. My employee name there was Garima Choudhary (and hence in my PF account it was Garima Choudhary). But in all my govt ID proofs and documents and hence in bank account, my name is Garima. Now, I want to withdraw my  PF due to the difference in names in PF account and Bank Account, EPFO will not release my PF.

I have read on EPFO werbiste, that the name correction request can be accepted only if both employee and employer make a joint request to do so.When I contacted my company's HR (during my exit inetrview in face to face discussion), she said as my name there was Garima Choudhary, so they will consider only this for all transactions and references. In short, they are not ready to make a request to EPFO to correct my name on company letter head with authorised signatory. 

Please suggest what should I do? Can I send them a legal notice to do so? Or should I first contact them through email and if they refuse to make a request to EPFO to change my name, then only I should go for a legal action against them?

Regards

Garima

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2014

How the error is there.

What is the name in educational qualifications leading to this job?

what is your name in matriculation certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register