Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bade srinivasa reddy (ASE)     05 June 2014

Difference between succession certificate and will?

Dear Officials,

My father had been passed away in 2011 and he is the sole owner of our house. There is no registered will by him. we are 4 children to our parents. All my 3 sisters are married. In 2013, my sisters released their right on property through registration to me and my mother. Now for education loan purpose, I want Legal heirs certificate(Not the family member certificate issued by revenue authorities in AP since my father is not a government employee).

Now my question is, which is better option whether to get legal heirs certificate(or Succession certificate) from court or a will that can be registered after the death of the testator(Father)? Which is easier process, to get the Will or Certificate?(Money is not the constraint).

Sorry,If i sound wrong. Please raise a question if clarification is required.

Please help.

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 June 2014

It is not the question which one is easier for your work, but which is what. Succession Certificate is obtain when there is no WIILL and and when WILL is there you have to apply to Probate the will.

bade srinivasa reddy (ASE)     05 June 2014

Thanks FYI Assumi

UdayaLakshmi (self)     06 June 2014

Probate = A judicial certificate saying that a will is genuine and conferring on the executors the power to administer the estate.

you have to apply to Probate the will.

That means he has to get a judicial certificate. Have to go to court for the certificate?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register