Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Airbnb1234 (professional)     13 January 2015

Deviation in construction

Dear All,

I have come across a property where a builder has constructed Stilt+Ground+First Floor+Second Floor+Third Floor (Stilt + G + 3)  apartment with 2 unit on each floor ( Including ground and above so Total 4x2 = 8) . The property is in Bangalore under BBMP area.

It is located in front of 30ft road. The building height as per plan is  48ft approx. 

Isn't it the violation of byelaws ? As per my understanding the building height can not be more than 1.5*30 = 45 ft.

Also is the top floor illegal? I guess only G+2 construction is allowed with Stilit parking and G+3 is allowed only for basement parking.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 January 2015

First get entire facts from concerned Corporation seeking information under RTI for

1)Actual plan approval, copy of conditions laid down for construction,

2)Copy of the inspection report if any from TPO.

3)The record if any with BMC about actual measurements or deviations or violations noticed 

4.) Copy of the circular that states  action as laid down in their directives/circulars/notifications for deviations and violations

5)Steps taken so far, against builder/owner if violations/deviations are on record.

(You may search website to know the concerned SPIO, Rules and regulations of RTI Applicable to them)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2015

How are you related to this issue?, if you are not concerned to this why do you want to raise this issue? are you affected by this?, if it is in the general interest of public, you know what is to be done to this, better approach the competent authorities who granted permission to such structures seek information through RTI, find out the irregularities and write to the authorities about the irregularities and ask them to initiate appropriate action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register