LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. Abhishek (Finance Professional)     13 May 2023

Developer not providing noc from project financer

I have entered into registered agreement for sale with Developer in April 2023. The Project is registered under RERA wherein 3 plots of lands were amalgamated and is proposed to construct 3 buildings on the amalgamated plot. Building 1 is for rehabilitating existing tenants of the 3 plots, Building 2 is sale building and building 3 is for non-residential and temple. I have bought flat in building 1 from developer because he has told that flat is sold on the basis of Sale FSI. Part OC received for Building 1. Housing loan is sanctioned but before disbursement of loan, the advocate of bank pointed out about the charge of 3 project lenders on the project. I demanded NOC of project lenders from the developer but he informed that you are sold flat in building 1 which is rehab building and there is no charge on this building. As per ROC, out of 3 project loans, charge of 2 project lenders are satisfied. I have obtained mortgage deed executed by developer in favour of third project lender wherein it is mentioned that the plots of land on which project is to be constructed including all structures of any descripttion is charged.to lender. After deliberation with developer, the develper informed that he has already sold 15-20 flats in building 1 without obtaining NOC and he will not apply NOC for my flat as it may open the pandora box in front of the project lender. The developer offered to either get housing loan from other bank which he will get it arranged without any additional bank charges or cancel the deal and he will refund all the monies. I would like to know how strong is my side against the developer and what should I do. I feel like cancelling the deal and get back all the monies paid to him plus recover stamp duty paid for registration and bank charges incurred for getting housing loan. Please guide me how do I go ahead in the matter.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 May 2023

The builder seems to be very rigid and non cooperative.

Actually the bank lawyer is correct that you are required to obtain NOC because the property is under charge, it is not known whether all the 3 projects are under charge or only one is under charge, however the builder cannot refuse to provide NOC, because in case of default of repayment made by the builder against the chartge at a later date, the buyer is liable to bear that or banker may initiate action to auction sell this property for default in repayment.

Therefore if it is not conducive, you may demand  for refund of your booking amount with interest and cancel the sale agreement 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register