LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preeti Joshi (student)     25 February 2014

Wife's right - how calculated?

The new IRBM etc is making things very confusing.  Have a few queries. Look forward to the replies

1.) They say wife has a 50% share in all husbands property....This means??? 

a) When exactly is she entitled to 50% of the husbands property? - after husbands death as an inhertance or as a right even in a divorce filing. (is it an inheritance entitlement or maintenance)

b) If wife is a  working woman and a divorcee before marriage, (i.e. she has remarried) can she claim 50% of her first husbands property and also is automatically is entitled to 50% of second husbands property as maintenance too?

c) So if a woman is entitled to 50% of property of all her husbands and of course she has a right to inherit the proportionate share in her fathers property as a daughter, wow what a tremendous "birth right" business asset it would be to be born female in India!!!!        Obviously there is a flaw in this logic above. But can some one help where?

Learning

3 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     25 February 2014

only when the law comes into force would one know about all these factors :-).

A lot of men would undergo ex transplantation to utilise this law as per their whims and fancies than what :-)

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     26 February 2014

Stanley it is a masterly reply. I believe the above author is a prospective 498 A gangster planning ahead for future marriage and using of IRBM to the fullest extent. Admin please forward the authors credentials lets enlist her in blackmarket database

I need guidance now. (Harassed by Wife and her family)     26 February 2014

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/savings-centre/analysis/are-you-financially-ready-for-a-divorce/articleshow/30842553.cms

see the above link for more details. its just for reference..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register