LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mikhail (manager)     21 December 2013

Mental torture and harrasment by icici bank

I have been receiving harrasment calls from icici collections and so are my family and friends. Infaxt the bank is telling my friends that I have asked the bank to recover the money from them.

I am deeply diaturbed and dont know what to do. I dont mind settling it but only with a bank official.

Please advise as i am going insane with this, privately and socially. I dont have any details of the credit card.  The collections people are not sharing it

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2013

The harassment by M/s ICICI Bank and the recovery agents employed by M/s ICICI Bank has been discussed in many threads.

Despite the judgments delivered by Supreme Court of India in cases involving M/s M/s ICICI Bank and the recovery agents employed by M/s ICICI Bank this bank and its bankers have not changed their conduct.

The recovery agents shall not supply the certified copy of bills as it shall open their exorbitant charges and probably that the debt is hopelessly barred by statue and limitation.

Do not proceed to negotiate or accept the debt till you have obtained legal opinion from a lawyer specializing in consumer matters.

If it is barred you may let your lawyer take over and demand certified copy of all bills by redg. post only.

As far as telephone calls claiming you have advised the bank to recover from relatives and friends is concerned ask everyone to record such calls.

You may carefully go thru many of the threads on similar queries e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.UUc5U0pFZ_4

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Personal-loan-not-paid-for-4-months-441036.asp#.UrUrU9IW1MA

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Credit-card-outstanding-dues-442626.asp#.UrUrbdIW1MA

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     21 December 2013

1. Visit the icici bank manager and settle your loan with him . 2 . record the threaten call in your mobile phone in its original form and file a police report u/s 385 & 506 ipc in the police station of your area, report to the SP if ps not lodge your report or not take any action on your report .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2013

Settlement is also adverse and negative entry and shall continue to feature in CIBIL, EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, MASTER NEGATIVE FEEDBACK LIST, etc........................................

Therefore do not fall for settlement.

If you had issues with M/s ICIC Bank and CC pertaining to unfair practices, deficiency, let these be raised in writing under acknowledgment and proved and accepted by bank.

You must demand that bank shall remove all flags, negative entries in CIBIL and others and it shall have no adverse effect on your credit rating, credibility and loan taking ability in future.

You must demand certified copies of each bill (statement)  raised by bank till date in your name.

You must demand certified copy of communications sent by M/s ICIC Bank to CIBIL, EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, MASTER NEGATIVE FEEDBACK LIST, etc........................................till date and later (after payment) to these credit bureau’s.

Bank shall not easily agree to supply the certified copies of each bill (statement)   and certified copy of communications sent by M/s ICIC Bank to CIBIL, EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, MASTER NEGATIVE FEEDBACK LIST, etc....................................however can not deny also and for your sake you must not agree anything less than these.

It is once again reiterated that let your lawyer check all of your records and your lawyer may opine that matter hopelessly time barred and/or statue barred and in such a case bank can not press for recovery and has to delete the entrees from CIBIL etc...........................without any adverse effect on you.

Whatever the case may be you must lodge a police complaint for calls made by the bank.

The police ca provide the ownership detail of callers.

Bank has to maintain the list of its recovery agencies on its website.

From that list you can find out detail of ownership of recovery agency calling you.

If the phone numbers from which calls are being made are not featured in list maintained at website it is another default by bank and your lawyer would know how to take the bank to task.

icicibankcare (Bank)     26 December 2013

Dear Sir, 

Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you and assist. Refer '46431096' in the subject line. 

Regards, 

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 December 2013

Keep this thread updated even after you start interaction with M/s ICICI Bank.

Your phone email id, accommodation/residence/office etc are all your property and no one from M/s ICICI bank can trespass or invade.

If any one dares give them a good beating of mind.

You have the right to decline to entertain phone calls, emails, recovery agents and can instruct to interact by letter on letter head of the bank under original seal and signature of the competent employee of the bank that should be supplied thru redg. post only.

You can also instruct the Bank and even its MD to send all communications addressed to your lawyer only that has been empowered by you to deal with M/s ICICI bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register