Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Are working married women really financially independent?

Page no : 2

Shwetha (Software Engineer)     23 February 2012

Zameer,

you seem to have a few misconceptions about laws...lemme try to clear them for you..

1. If a woman is earning she is not entitled for maintenance unless there is a huge difference in the husband and wife's paychecks...

2. If a woman is working and the husband files for a divorce on grounds of cruelty, adultery etc (where in the woman is at fault)...the husband can ask for maintenance and get it if he is not working or earning very less...

3. A wife cannot demand and walk away with her husband's or his family's assets the way you think...the only thing she is entitled to is the maintenance or compensation which again is not really huge...it i granted considering the financial status of the husband...

the amount is huge only in cases where the wife was subjected to so much cruelty that the news made headlines or was atleast reported in the news paper and there are enough medical evidences to support the same...and the compensation granted here is not just in DV case but in DV,498A,406,assault,generic harassment,intentional murder attempt, rape, unnatural rape and whatever other kind of crimes they might have resorted to..some times it may inlude extortion too, all being put together...and the amount is total of compensation awarded to the victim by each one of the convicts...

Now, assault, murder attempt, generic harassment and extrotion are the kind of crimes for which the court will award heavy penalty to the convicts irrespecive of the victim's gender...

so stop cribbing about this DV and 498A...

however, if the husband is not in a a position to pay the maintenance or compensation...that is when the court may entitle her to a SHARE of your property accordingly and you will not have to pay anything or may be pay lesser amount... and this again applies to any case and not just to DV or 498A...

but I am sure you have heard of DV cases in which the judgement was against the girl in the favor of the guy...so the law is not so biased after all..

Shwetha (Software Engineer)     23 February 2012

I dont know why you gave such a cheap example using Arya... however... to answer you...

a. Adultery is not a criminal offence...you cannot be punished for it...the only thing is, if this is the ground for divorce, then he is considered to be at fault and hence the court awards a compensation to the girl...this is true vice versa too as mentioned in the earlier post...but only Aarya's FIL can drag his MIL to the court...but oherwise she has nothing to do in this matter...this applies to the wife's BF too..

b.Ashok Kumar...he has married an innocent girl and is refraining himself from physical relationship with her (this counts under cruelty)...he has made a mistake..he has to pay for it... you think he should be made to pay for it in a different way or you think he should not have to pay anything?

c. Raghav...why do you want to safe guard the intrests of a guy who is resorting to criminal offences..

d. Aparna...have you ever noticed she also mentioning that all her streedhan is also stll with her husband and has not been returned to her...why not comment on this...and has it occurred to you that 3 years is a long time..quite possible that her husband got a hike and his salary increased from 75k to 1L, also possible that 1L is gross and 75k is the net...also possible that she is hearing different things from different people and tlaking accordinly..she for sure doesnt have any evidence of her husband's income...if she did her maintenance amount would have been much higher than 5K...ofcourse there is also a possibility that she is lying...but do you mind asking her for an explaination before passing your sarcastic judgemental comments...

you want to blindly believe in guys when they tell you they are innocent victims, you want the interests of the real abusers to be safe guarded and you dont want to believe a woman no matter what...

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Tajobsindia
"
@ Genric.......

For most emancipated pseudo freedom seeking metro woman's, in the age of manipulation the cause title of this discussion post has lost its relevance other than time pass author raking it purely on "sentiments and emotions frivolous persuasions" before the eyes of Law and thus eternally gaining sympathy thy name Article 15 (3) Constitution of India.

Some gyan link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7f1oFhiBI
"

if so why you always get Emotional when the matter is of METRO-Women?:P

1 Like

(Guest)

1.Or I could say a woman is the enemy of other woman.

Yes very true..

Both want to dominate men in the role of “Mother” of “wife” in the family itself

at the same time Mother/sisters of husband always dominate the DIL.

(Guest)

@Swetha :P

"you seem to have a few misconceptions about laws...lemme try to clear them for you.."

You can Ask Any Layman, Lawyer, Judge ...anyone..They will say ONLY ONE THING...

In India...Laws are favouring Women...........

bhima balla (none)     25 February 2012

No Madam,

Men want women in all fields-like on the border, face bullets, lift heavy machinery, do back breaking work etc Men want you all in every field so you can work toe to toe with men, face the same dangers, carry same responsibilities and then get the same rights. That means pay the bills half and half. Men will cook and clean and do half the chores. It is easy.I think I agree with Arya here! How come Arya is not posting? Is he banned or something for putting across facts that are unpleasant?

What Men are opposing is getting rights without responsibilities.

Then, when they divorce go in opposite directions without alimony, maintenance etc.

2 Like

(Guest)

@Pragya,

There is No Monopoly, at All... do you want to say those Judges are Fool, and are those lawyers too?

See! It’s all about Equality as you need?  So I’m showing you clear picture..

Think for a Minute.

Can Women be So Equal?

• Face Bullets on Border?
  • Go shirtless in Public?
  • Lift Heavy Machinery?
  • Do blue Collar Job in all field?

And if you think, Oh! I'm girl (as Kanzimohi defended in her trial)... How can I do all such Heavy work?

Then you ought to accept the law of nature i.e. God has created each of his creation at it best... No Man made law try to bend it on their own interest. The Movement those things will happen.. You will see the results like this...

We have common principle, Five fingers cannot be the same, isnt it?

But If you try to pull the least, Fifth finger with supported flassh to make it equal? Then?

Probably the very first thing.. Your hand will look like a Brush, and possibly you will not able to eat with your hands or lift anything...

Have you ever thought why western Culture live that way, which we fill beyond our imagination?

Because laws for committed relationship i.e. Marriage is very much Shattered..

Both gender whether male or female, prefer to stay single till their 30s why?

The moment they get married... Laws are their that they can claim any property of husband as 50%,  yes this is the law and now India is following its loyal doorstep.

Event they get divorced from Wives, they have to pay heavy alimony. So they prefer to stay single.

That is why see Single parenting is Increasing in the West, So in India....

They don’t keep much money with them and circulated that money in Mortgages, loans, because if they keep their hard-earned savings in Banks it will track through Social Security Status (same Implemantion in India i.e. “Aadhaa Id Card” will soon take over)

So they spend money on weekends, party etc. etc.

Both girls & boys keep special “friend”. So they can access privilege time & moment of each other instead of going in committed (Law enforced) relationship i.e. marriage.

Morevover, Domestic Violence is the "COPY/PASTE" of west law, which was imported by Fem*** in India.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX! Pragya..

2 Like