LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Student Loan

Student Loans are supposedly to be given to the meritorious students by the indian banks. But are they given to the meritorious students independent of their parents  income and assets? In fact as the parameters are not codified the bank managers play truants. They ask the student's parent to produce income and asset document  before being considered for opening a joint acct in the name of the student and the parent. In the bargain students with money bag parents get the loans whereas the needy students with parents without sufficient income vis-a-vis assets lose the battle in the first stage only. They are not even considered fit for to apply for the loan.

Is anybody listening?

Learning

4 Replies

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     28 May 2011

Dear friend, basically the banks are engaged in commercial activities. They must naturally be bothered about the recovery of the loan. Hence, the banks insist for the income documents of the parents or the like. If they do not have guarantee of recovery of loan, why they should lend?

Pendyala Vasudeva Rao (Advocate)     17 July 2011

As per the central Govt Guidelines to all Indian Banks

up to 4 Lakhs there is no nessesity of personal Guaratee to the Meritorious students  in releasing the Educational Loans as per my knowledge.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2011

In acse you face this kind of difficulty submit a gentle representation to the BM,Nodal officer of the bank  with a copy to MD, RBI, and rquest them to follow the norms and help the meritorious student.

(Guest)

I am referring to systemic failures and my personal problem in getting a student loan. I am able enough to break the artificial barriers created by the Manuwadi Manhoos. What I am interested in that the general public who hasn't got the money bags or the immoveable assets should not get harassed and denied the loan for their academically brilliant wards. What I have highlighted is there is the Branch Mnager who creates the first hurdles. It is his discreation whom he/she chooses to be academically well qualified. Eg He refuses to even give the bank's application form to an individual despite being qualified.

Let me jot down the check list I was shown by one of the br manager of a PSU bank:-( for inland colleges /universities)

1. Appl in Bank's Format

2. Guarantor's consent letter.

3. Two passport size photograph of borrower(father),Co-borrower(Student),and Gurantor.

4 Rank Card EAMCET/CAT/GATE/JMAT etc.

5. .Allotment letter from councelling centre/university/college.

6. Marksheets from class X onwards.

7.Study cert if already studying in a college .

8. PAN Card/Voter I-Card/Passport of Father/Gurdian/Gurantor.

9. Salary Cert & Identity Card of of the parent/Guardian/guarantor.

10. Form 16 /Copy of the income tax returns for the last three years parent/guardian/guarantor.

11.  Declaration of Assets and liabilities of father/guardian/guarantor if rqd.

12. Non - Incumberance cert and title deeds of the property to be mortgaged for loan above 4 lacs.

13. Details of colateral security.

14 Estimation of Tution fees etc.

15. Affidavit by the parent/guardian that they have not borrowed and they will not borrow from other banks for education of the student.

Till the time one satisfies the br manager you won't get even the appl form as per bank's format. I have compared even the PSU banks have different format. 

KAR LO BAAT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register