LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   03 April 2024

Should I file private FIR after new criminal laws are enforced in July 2024?

I am forced to file a private FIR to protect me & family from repeated foul play and murder threats.

Police didn't take any action in spite of intervention of PMO.

Should I wait and file private FIR post 1/7/24? Will it be helpful? TIA


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2024

If police is not entertaining your complaint then you can file a petition under section 156 (3) cr.p.c. before the judicial magistrate court seeking direction to the concerned police to take appropriate action on your complaint or file a private criminal complaint under section 200 cr.p.c 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 April 2024

Why do you want to wait for filing complaint till enforcement of new criminal laws when you are under threat now?

Vague facts, consult a local prudent lawyer for analysing facts and professional advise.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2024

hae you so far approached court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register