LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viky Vikram (Freelance)     08 April 2022

Fitness and yoga activity in apartment open area is legal

I'm a freelancer Fitness trainer I go to few apartments and give training in park and other common areas without disturbing anyone. Is it legal if yes can someone tell me the article which allows... Thanks in advance.... 

Learning

6 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     08 April 2022

Common area of a Housing Society can not be utilized without specific written permission of the Managing Committee or AGM/SGM of the members of the society. As far as open areas like public parks are concerned specific written permission of the local Municipal or Panchayat is necessary.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 April 2022

Parks and other common areas of the Society are meant for use by all the residents, where such activities are very common which (generally) do not require any approval / consent / licence / legal sanction from Managing Committee / GBM of the Society.

The query posted by you, inter alia that, "..Is it legal if yes can someone tell me the article which allows..."  is itself an invalid question paper.

2 Like

Viky Vikram (Freelance)     09 April 2022

Sir thank you very much for your reply.... 

Vineet Chauhan (Private)     31 August 2022

Sir, extending the thread a bit. If a resident conducts yoga classes for other residents in common lawns of the apartment complex and charge a fee, are they bound to pay to the apartment association. All residents already pay high common area maintenance charges. There are no special provision or privilege given against charges being asked for and the yoga practisioners use the lawns alike all other residents of the complex.

Thank you for your wisdom and advise

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 September 2022

If a resident conducts yoga classes for other residents in common lawns of the apartment complex and charge a fee, it tentamount to commercial activity, which is neither allowed in a residential complex nor the managing committee can rent it out / charge any money for paid training of Yoga.

Vineet Chauhan (Private)     01 September 2022

Thank you Sir for your kind response. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register